The Student Room Group

Childcare grant

Good morning,

I have seen conflicting information regarding the childcare grant being backdated.
I no longer claim the childcare element of UC but won't get my new statement til Oct 13th to provide as proof to SFE. In the meantime I will have paid Sept and Oct fees to the nursery.
Will the nursery be able to access the grant dating back to my course start date (11th September)? They have said if so, they will keep my overpayments and use it to pay off the 15% I will owe monthly.
I just need clarification once I'm awarded (likely late October 2023) that they can absolutely claim as far back as Sept 11th 2023?

Thank you in advance,
Rose
Original post by Rosealison89
Good morning,

I have seen conflicting information regarding the childcare grant being backdated.
I no longer claim the childcare element of UC but won't get my new statement til Oct 13th to provide as proof to SFE. In the meantime I will have paid Sept and Oct fees to the nursery.
Will the nursery be able to access the grant dating back to my course start date (11th September)? They have said if so, they will keep my overpayments and use it to pay off the 15% I will owe monthly.
I just need clarification once I'm awarded (likely late October 2023) that they can absolutely claim as far back as Sept 11th 2023?

Thank you in advance,
Rose

Hi Rose,

That's correct you'll be backdated the grants from when you've stated the childcare will begin. Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
That's great, thank you so much. That's such a relief. So, the nursery will be able to access funds to cover the period from when my studying began even though I've already paid those fees upfront? If that makes sense...
Original post by Rosealison89
That's great, thank you so much. That's such a relief. So, the nursery will be able to access funds to cover the period from when my studying began even though I've already paid those fees upfront? If that makes sense...

Yes, it does make sense. That's correct. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending