University of Manchester Rejected Optometry Watch

Alex018
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Hi guys,

I’m writing this because I feel like I’ve been misled by the university. I’m doing an access course to get into optometry and Manchester was my first choice. I phoned them prior to applying and explained what my situation was and they said everything was fine.

I had to leave sixth form in December because I was suffering from a medical condition, but still decided to take two a levels last minute. I got C and an E in them and decided to take the access route. So far, I’ve got offers from Bristol, Bradford and Plymouth but was rejected from Manchester because I didn’t get “BBC” in my first a level sitting.

This baffles me because 1) I phoned them and they said it was ok to apply. 2) it clearly shows on UCAS I’ve taken two a levels, 3) If I got BBC in my a levels, I would clearly be retaking an a level right now and not doing an access course.

They also took 6 weeks to respond to my UCAS. Do you think there is a way they can reconsider. They don’t mention anything to do with a levels other than they dont take on access course students educated upto GCSE level. meet all other entry requirements. Someone please help me.
Alex018
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

14.1%
12.43%
12.31%
18.16%
23.3%
19.71%

Watched Threads