The Student Room Group

What A-levels are needed for study in optometry?

I was wondering what subjects are absolutely needed for a degree in optometry, and if it is considered as full on medical study, also like what is included in a course like that, also the duration.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
i think for most universities you need two from either: biology, chemistry, physics or maths then you can choose any subject for your third one
Reply 3
Have you looked at the entry requirements for this subject at a range of different Unis?
This will tell you exactly which A levels and GCSE subjects/grades each Uni wants.

MOptom (Hons) Optometry - University of Plymouth
Optometry | Biology, Medicine and Health | University of Manchester

Optometrist job profile | Prospects.ac.uk
Optometrist | Health Careers
Original post by stressed_person
I was wondering what subjects are absolutely needed for a degree in optometry, and if it is considered as full on medical study, also like what is included in a course like that, also the duration.

Id look on unis websites. They will give you the details of the course and what subjects/grades a re required to get onto the course.
Id assume that biology would be required/useful. Maybe either chemistry or maths (or maybe both).

Quick Reply

Latest