The Student Room Group

Do colleges verify doctors notes?

Hi, I want to ask if colleges verify doctors notes? Meaning a note written from my doctors saying the reason I was abscent during one my periods. Can a college call my doctors to see if the appointment did in fact happen?
Original post by Halasut123
Hi, I want to ask if colleges verify doctors notes? Meaning a note written from my doctors saying the reason I was abscent during one my periods. Can a college call my doctors to see if the appointment did in fact happen?

Probably not going to verify but dont get into habit of lying or anything (incase this is your intention)
Bear in mind, a doctor isn't going to give it to you unless you really were there at an appointment (often they charge for doctors notes too and usually its if you need it for a reason i.e. sick leave, amendments at school not a note to prove you were at an appointment).

Why would you need a doctor’s note for missing a single lesson. You should be able to self certify illness for a day or two.
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
Why would you need a doctor’s note for missing a single lesson. You should be able to self certify illness for a day or two.

Because it was unauthorised and my attendance went down

I mean they aren't gonna give you a sick note/proof for that tbh. Maybe ask reception for a slip to say you attended and ask them to sign it or if you get text notifications, can show that?

Were you actually at the doctors?
why not get a note from your parents?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending