The Student Room Group

Urgent edexcel gcse english lit help

I am going to be sitting my Edexcel GCSE English Lit paper in May/June and I don't know much about the exam format. I have been quite ill for a while and missed out on lots of revision and I am also homeschooled so everything is self-taught. Could anyone help with the exam answer format, what to include, how long each answer should be, what answers should be written around theme, context, characters etc etc.

This is really urgent and any help is appreciated!
Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 2
Mmm I did aqa would that be extremely different?
Original post by Yazomi
Mmm I did aqa would that be extremely different?

Thank you but yes they are two very different examination boards. But any tips you have would be great! Thanks x
Reply 5
So what I did was quotes, analysing a specific word and that word to link back to context theme and character but different exam board might have different requirements for the answer
Original post by Yazomi
So what I did was quotes, analysing a specific word and that word to link back to context theme and character but different exam board might have different requirements for the answer

How did you structure your essay answer and is there a word limitation for each answer i.e. in my English Language GCSE there was a word limit of 500 for our story writing. Thank you so much for the help, it is greatly appreciated ! xx
@Tolgarda might be able to help
Original post by 1st superstar
@Tolgarda might be able to help

I have spoken to @Tolgarda about exam help and they gave me some great advice but my examination board was different to @Tolgarda and so there was only so much help I could get. Thank you for the help though, it isn’t really appreciated! X
Reply 9
Original post by Ash_Doug_18
I have spoken to @Tolgarda about exam help and they gave me some great advice but my examination board was different to @Tolgarda and so there was only so much help I could get. Thank you for the help though, it isn’t really appreciated! X

Are you taking IGCSEs with Edexcel?
No I am just doing the GCSE Edexcel English Literature

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending