The Student Room Group

2nd year housing

Hi guys

I’m in a bit of a sticky situation. I’m currently looking for housing for my second year at the University of Sussex. I have two options and I’m really stuck on what to do.

Option 1:
I move in with a group of 6 - 5 girls and a guy. They’re looking for a 6 bed house towards the centre of Brighton. So far, we haven’t gone to any viewings but have some booked for next week. I get on with them really well and I know I could easily live with them. The only thing is most of them want a house with a 9 month contract. I work in Brighton and ideally would want to keep my job, so I want a 12 month housing contract. Also, everyone I know who is already in 2nd year is on a 12 month contract so I’m not sure we’d be able to find a really nice house available for 9 months only.

Option 2:
I move in with a group of 9 - 4 boys and 5 girls into a 9 bed house. They’re a group of 8 who want me to join so they can secure the house. It’s an amazing house - really big, spacious and just in general is brilliant. It’s a 12 month contract so works well for my job. Only thing is, I’m not as close with these people. I only know one of them really well (she is my current flatmate) and have met another 4 on occasional nights out. They want my decision asap as the deposit has to be paid tomorrow morning before 9am and I’ve only just been told about it.

I know that ultimately I have to make the decision but I’m really not sure what to do. I thought I was moving in with the 6 bed people so I’ve been planning with them, I get on with them much better and I’d feel bad leaving now, but the 9 bed house is insanely nice and a 12 month contract would really suit me better. Money and location aren’t really an issue for me and my parents think the 9 bed is better.

Any advice would be brilliant as I need to make a quick decision and don’t want to be completely impulsive.
I personally would go with the people you know and get on well with,

but... listen to yourself not to others because you already know the 9-bed house is a better option for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending