The Student Room Group

University accommodation 2nd/3rd year

I'm curious about how accommodation works for a 2nd and 3rd year uni student as I think most? if not all, unis don't allow any other than the 1st year students to use the Uni accommodation. So, is it necessary that you have to house share with people or are there other options; if so what are they - living at home won't be an option unfortunately due to the uni distance.
Original post by frxsted
I'm curious about how accommodation works for a 2nd and 3rd year uni student as I think most? if not all, unis don't allow any other than the 1st year students to use the Uni accommodation. So, is it necessary that you have to house share with people or are there other options; if so what are they - living at home won't be an option unfortunately due to the uni distance.

The vast majority of 2nd and 3rd year students rent a house or flat with students they met during 1st year.

Other options would include renting a flat privately on your own (very expensive), or renting non-university private student accomodation (i.e. in a student block aimed at 2nd/3rd years) - if there's any nearby.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending