The Student Room Group

manchester or birmingham

which city is better to study? I am a European student and I want to know which has a better social life, nightlife, ... Also, I am studying aerospace engineer so in this aspect which one is better? If anybody has lived in any of this unis I am also interested in knowing which are the best accommodations to live at
Reply 1
Original post by sara23789
which city is better to study? I am a European student and I want to know which has a better social life, nightlife, ... Also, I am studying aerospace engineer so in this aspect which one is better? If anybody has lived in any of this unis I am also interested in knowing which are the best accommodations to live at

Current 2nd year aero student at Manchester and I do think that Manchester has better social stuff and nightlife. Loads going on always. Better is hard to gauge but I do believe Manchester is better although it is subjective. Manchester has good career prospects, engineering is getting new facilities and generally has a good course. First year, I lived at Whitworth Park which had okay facilities although it had a really good location. Denmark Road and Unsworth are a lot nicer but pricier. Owens Park isn't great but I believe there is a decent bit of partying if you're after that.
Reply 2
Original post by RZaman
Current 2nd year aero student at Manchester and I do think that Manchester has better social stuff and nightlife. Loads going on always. Better is hard to gauge but I do believe Manchester is better although it is subjective. Manchester has good career prospects, engineering is getting new facilities and generally has a good course. First year, I lived at Whitworth Park which had okay facilities although it had a really good location. Denmark Road and Unsworth are a lot nicer but pricier. Owens Park isn't great but I believe there is a decent bit of partying if you're after that.

Ok, thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest