The Student Room Group

Imperial College London - PhD applicants 2020/2021

hi! just wanted to start a thread for PhD applicants to Imperial as I haven't seen one yet.

I have applied for an engineering PhD last week, so just waiting on a decision whether they are progressing me to an interview or not. have some doubts/worries about funding, but decided not to stress about it too much for now!

if you are like me, then comment below, let's talk!
Hi

Original post by wolfbat
hi! just wanted to start a thread for PhD applicants to Imperial as I haven't seen one yet.

I have applied for an engineering PhD last week, so just waiting on a decision whether they are progressing me to an interview or not. have some doubts/worries about funding, but decided not to stress about it too much for now!

if you are like me, then comment below, let's talk!

Hi, the PhD process at Imperial is very selective.
There are a number of conditions you need to satisfy.

When we say selective we mean it!!! If you know what it means....
Reply 2
Original post by Lucifer323
Hi

Hi, the PhD process at Imperial is very selective.
There are a number of conditions you need to satisfy.

When we say selective we mean it!!! If you know what it means....

ummm ok? I do know that. trust me, I've done my homework

are you speaking from experience? what do you mean by "we"?
Original post by wolfbat
ummm ok? I do know that. trust me, I've done my homework

are you speaking from experience? what do you mean by "we"?

In all Universities including the top ones like Imperial College, UCL, Cambridge etc, it's now really what you know but who you know.

Contacts, connections, friendships, and politics play a very important role in academic life. Especially when it comes to funded PhD Places, Post Docs, and actual lecturships .

Most students are not aware of the various politics involved, especially the younger ones who maybe naive and with little experience.

Universities are self regulated. You know what that means?!

See my other post in University Self Regulation .
Reply 4
wow hope ppl don’t actually listen to this nonsense. goodbye

anyone else (who’s not delusional) and wants to talk Imperial PhDs, pls comment!!
Original post by wolfbat
wow hope ppl don’t actually listen to this nonsense. goodbye

anyone else (who’s not delusional) and wants to talk Imperial PhDs, pls comment!!

I can assure you I am not delusional and I don't chat nonsense. You can ignore my statement and continue with your life. You asked for comments and I replied to you. Nobody forces you to accept what I say.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending