The Student Room Group

History and German BA (Hons)

Hi
Could somebody please give me some
advice about German books/material I
should buy before beginning my degree?
Are you starting German ab initio or are you continuing on?
If you are new maybe check out Duolingo or another language app, if you are more experience maybe see what books your prospective university has on the curriculum and pick one up if they are not too expensive :hugs:
hithanks for the reply.my latin was never good lol what is ab initial?i studied higher intermediate with the open university in 2004 so i’m rusty.regards chris.ps i wish i’d not thrown those books and cd’s away as i had a long term career i thought i’d never leave, but i did and now i want to be a teacher.I was 6 years in Germany with the Army.
Original post by ChrisMishka
hithanks for the reply.my latin was never good lol what is ab initial?i studied higher intermediate with the open university in 2004 so i’m rusty.regards chris.ps i wish i’d not thrown those books and cd’s away as i had a long term career i thought i’d never leave, but i did and now i want to be a teacher.I was 6 years in Germany with the Army.

Ab initio is basically starting from scratch but that obviously won't be an issue! :laugh:
I would reccomend to look at what books your university is offering for German if you are looking for stuff to do then!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending