The Student Room Group

Does this count as 'Extenuating Circumstances'?

I am currently an A-Level student. In my GCSEs, I got 9888877666A (The three 6s were unfortunately in BioChemPhysics) but I was bad at science anyway and couldn't study because I had to work everyday to support my family. I also had to sit an AS exam in the same summer which I got an A in but I suppose that doesn't count since I chose to do it out of will. Anyway, did having to work from 5pm until 9-10pm everyday count as "extenuating circumstances"? Because if it most likely doesn't, then I won't bother telling school as it is too embarrassing. Peace out!
Original post by chocobi
I am currently an A-Level student. In my GCSEs, I got 9888877666A (The three 6s were unfortunately in BioChemPhysics) but I was bad at science anyway and couldn't study because I had to work everyday to support my family. I also had to sit an AS exam in the same summer which I got an A in but I suppose that doesn't count since I chose to do it out of will. Anyway, did having to work from 5pm until 9-10pm everyday count as "extenuating circumstances"? Because if it most likely doesn't, then I won't bother telling school as it is too embarrassing. Peace out!

Oh come off it. You must know this is ridiculous, in so many ways. Of course it's not extenuating circumstances: they are for genuine problems like illness, bereavement etc. Things out of your control. Not unwise choices.

You've got a good set of results there for GCSE. Don't be greedy. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Reality Check
Oh come off it. You must know this is ridiculous, in so many ways. Of course it's not extenuating circumstances: they are for genuine problems like illness, bereavement etc. Things out of your control. Not unwise choices.

You've got a good set of results there for GCSE. Don't be greedy. :smile:

I thought that it might count as out of my control since I was forced to by my mum to support the family (won't go into details). If I didn't have to, I definitely would not have worked so many hours but it was my filial responsibility as the oldest child of the household.

I honestly thought that I was going to get a 4 in chemistry. :s-smilie:
Original post by chocobi
I thought that it might count as out of my control since I was forced to by my mum to support the family (won't go into details). If I didn't have to, I definitely would not have worked so many hours but it was my filial responsibility as the oldest child of the household.

I honestly thought that I was going to get a 4 in chemistry. :s-smilie:

Well, you didn't :smile: I really wouldn't faff about with all this (and, in any case, your school would laugh you out the door if you came to them claiming 'extenuating circumstances'). As I said before, they're a really good set of results. Be proud of them!

Quick Reply

Latest