The Student Room Group

COVID-19 and exams

I am pretty sure I have bad predicted grades. My school refused to tell me both higher ups and teacher but told all but a few teachers to apply to lower tier universities (told us to aim for about 100-104) UCAS Points.
I’ve always had an issue with this but now that exams are postponed/cancelled, I haven’t got the slightest clue about my future. I was rejected by one of the universities I wanted to go to and Those who gave me offers I don’t like.
Am I not allowed to know my predicted grades or is my school acting arbitrarily. Due to not knowing my predicted grade, I lost a potential offer.
What should I do?
Original post by Nygosaurus
I am pretty sure I have bad predicted grades. My school refused to tell me both higher ups and teacher but told all but a few teachers to apply to lower tier universities (told us to aim for about 100-104) UCAS Points.
I’ve always had an issue with this but now that exams are postponed/cancelled, I haven’t got the slightest clue about my future. I was rejected by one of the universities I wanted to go to and Those who gave me offers I don’t like.
Am I not allowed to know my predicted grades or is my school acting arbitrarily. Due to not knowing my predicted grade, I lost a potential offer.
What should I do?

That's around the BCC level.
Most schools let you know what your predicteds are.
There is an inconsistency of how they are reached, some might use mocks, others are mocks + guess, others are more guess, some are more generous than others.

If you havent accepted any offers, then you can either use ucas extra to apply for one course at a time or go into clearing in July.

This is such an unprecedented event where things can change overnight that we dont know what the country will look like in 3 months. We dont know if the unis will shut down and whether they will open in September.

They will still be making plans now, but also considering events. Seems to me the priorities are health, then the economy, then education, so exams are not really that important.
Any advice people give you on this currently is just their opinion, no-one knows better than anyone else and the government information is the only you can rely on. I'm sure it will all work out :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending