The Student Room Group

Art or Geography

I’ve just submitted my GCSE options however I’m having second thoughts and seeing as I have the option to change them before a deadline I wanted to ask art or geo? I’m doing drama history and Spanish as well and I’ve currently selected geo but I’m still thinking about art. I achieve good grades in both but art is more interesting, I enjoy writing about it but my medium is more pencil and black and white such as charcoal etc. Whereas art gcse is a lot of paint. I also feel like I’ll be comparing myself to others and will be stressed by the workload, but I enjoy it a lot? Geo is okay but in my sch extremely dependent on the teacher. If art isn’t going to help me with uni etc Idk if it’s that good of an option?? HELP
if you think you'd enjoy art more then pick that instead. geog as a gcse i don't think is too bad in terms of content though :yes:
bear in mind art has a significant coursework component and you're expected to devote a fair amount of time to this.
Reply 2
Original post by entertainmyfaith
if you think you'd enjoy art more then pick that instead. geog as a gcse i don't think is too bad in terms of content though :yes:
bear in mind art has a significant coursework component and you're expected to devote a fair amount of time to this.

I just feel like I might stop enjoying it bcs it will mainly be painting which I don’t rlly like and I feel like I’m going to get myself down comparing myself to others but then everyone has told me to do it idrk I don’t wanna miss out on it bcs I’ll have an easier time with geo but idk if I’ll rlly like it as much
Original post by _.aliishba
I just feel like I might stop enjoying it bcs it will mainly be painting which I don’t rlly like and I feel like I’m going to get myself down comparing myself to others but then everyone has told me to do it idrk I don’t wanna miss out on it bcs I’ll have an easier time with geo but idk if I’ll rlly like it as much

hm, if you don't like painting and that'll make up a significant part of the subject then definitely have a good think about whether you wanna take it. geog is probably a lot easier in terms of workload. if you do end up missing doing art, you can always take it up in your spare time:yep:
any idea of what you wanna do after gcses?? do you think either of the subjects may be slightly more useful for it?
if you have any subject advisors at school might be worth talking to them.

Quick Reply

Latest