The Student Room Group

Should I resist YR 12?

I'm in Yr 12 and I'm doing well in maths and progressively well in history but my physics is worrying me. I dont think I'll get that AAA I want for uni, especially with the missed learning. Would it be better if I resat Yr 12 or keep on going? Btw, I'm also bad at revising at home
Original post by PetitePanda
I'm in Yr 12 and I'm doing well in maths and progressively well in history but my physics is worrying me. I dont think I'll get that AAA I want for uni, especially with the missed learning. Would it be better if I resat Yr 12 or keep on going? Btw, I'm also bad at revising at home

What is the AAA for?
At the moment because of the extended holiday I think I would continue, but focus on repairing Physics before you restart. If you cant then consider switching. Talk to your teacher and draw up a plan of additional resources and strategies to improve.
Original post by 999tigger
What is the AAA for?
At the moment because of the extended holiday I think I would continue, but focus on repairing Physics before you restart. If you cant then consider switching. Talk to your teacher and draw up a plan of additional resources and strategies to improve.

It's to do law without contextual offers (tbh I just want a ABB at max but I dont want to rely on contexual) or with. Thank you I'll focus on Physics in the meantime - I'm just worried that I won't get it without my teacher helping me. That's a good idea but would it be possible if you can a few examples of additional resources or strategies to improve that I could ask my teacher?
It's to do law without contextual offers (tbh I just want a ABB at max but I dont want to rely on contexual) or with. Thank you I'll focus on Physics in the meantime - I'm just worried that I won't get it without my teacher helping me. That's a good idea but would it be possible if you can a few examples of additional resources or strategies to improve that I could ask my teacher?

If you can afford uplearn I would buy that.
You have a long time to improve. If you feel completely out of your depth, then thats when you have to talk to the teacher and possible fast track an easier one.

Physics really inst my subject, so can you ask on the physics forum.

If not tag me in future and I will think and then lay out a strategy that I would follow and do some research for you. Its all in mh head it just needs dragging out, but will need to think.

What grade do you think you are on with physics and why do you think you are struggling?
Original post by 999tigger
If you can afford uplearn I would buy that.
You have a long time to improve. If you feel completely out of your depth, then thats when you have to talk to the teacher and possible fast track an easier one.

Physics really inst my subject, so can you ask on the physics forum.

If not tag me in future and I will think and then lay out a strategy that I would follow and do some research for you. Its all in mh head it just needs dragging out, but will need to think.

What grade do you think you are on with physics and why do you think you are struggling?

I can't afford uplearn but thank you for the suggestion. I do like physics but one side of the physics I understand and I can do the questions but then on the other side, I completely don't understand and my head goes blank on the questions. For the practical side, if I was by myself or another group, I would be fine but I feel like I'm not going to pass (and I need to pass this).

Thank you I'll ask the physics forum because apparently people do struggle with the topics I have been struggling with; Thank you for your help if I'm not able to.

Before my last mock, I was on a mid B but that was before the subject waves and optics came and I think why I couldn't get A was due to electricity. On my last mock, which I didn't revise much for because I wanted to see where I was accurate, I got an E (barely and worst score out of my class overall and on paper 2) and I genuinely think I am right now a D student. I think I'm struggling because I can't understand my teacher's lessons, compared to my other teacher but then again teacher 1 has more difficult topics.
I can't afford uplearn but thank you for the suggestion. I do like physics but one side of the physics I understand and I can do the questions but then on the other side, I completely don't understand and my head goes blank on the questions. For the practical side, if I was by myself or another group, I would be fine but I feel like I'm not going to pass (and I need to pass this).

Thank you I'll ask the physics forum because apparently people do struggle with the topics I have been struggling with; Thank you for your help if I'm not able to.

Before my last mock, I was on a mid B but that was before the subject waves and optics came and I think why I couldn't get A was due to electricity. On my last mock, which I didn't revise much for because I wanted to see where I was accurate, I got an E (barely and worst score out of my class overall and on paper 2) and I genuinely think I am right now a D student. I think I'm struggling because I can't understand my teacher's lessons, compared to my other teacher but then again teacher 1 has more difficult topics.

Tag me about it next week. Brain not on it and will review or help you form some sort of plan.
for physics Alevel physics online is great, there are loads of really useful videos on all of a level syllabus, I would defiantly recommend, you could even try to get your school to pay so that you don't have to.
I have just finished y13, message me for more information
Original post by A_Silcock
for physics Alevel physics online is great, there are loads of really useful videos on all of a level syllabus, I would defiantly recommend, you could even try to get your school to pay so that you don't have to.
I have just finished y13, message me for more information

I'll definitely look at it. Thank you so much. Do you have anything for optics and waves?

Quick Reply

Latest