The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

Portsmouth or Swansea for Computer Science

Hi guys,I got offer from 5 universities but my final choices are Swansea and Portsmouth after Campus Visits.I'll study Computer Science with Industrial Placement Year.Can you give me advice about which one i should choose with pros and cones if that's possible ?
Thanks
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by MustafaAkyz
Hi guys,I got offer from 5 universities but my final choices are Swansea and Portsmouth after Campus Visits.I'll study Computer Science with Industrial Placement Year.Can you give me advice about which one i should choice with pros and cones if that's possible ?
Thanks

Hi! Exciting news! Are you looking for accommodation in Swansea? I have to find a replacement tenant for my room at student roost st David’s! If you are interested then drop me a message! Good luck with your final university decision! :smile:
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Original post by MustafaAkyz
Hi guys,I got offer from 5 universities but my final choices are Swansea and Portsmouth after Campus Visits.I'll study Computer Science with Industrial Placement Year.Can you give me advice about which one i should choose with pros and cones if that's possible ?
Thanks

Hi,

Congratulations on your offers! I am a Digital Marketing student at UoP so I don't know much about Computer Science however I have previously lived with students who are studying this and they really enjoyed it. You can look at the module descriptions on the Uni website for some more detail. As your offer includes an industrial placement year, I can reassure you that Portsmouth give a lot of support to those applying for placements. There's a placement office and a careers department who can help you find placements and also help you write your applications (cover letters and CVs) either face to face or over the phone. I have used these services multiple times and they are extremely helpful. As you have already visited the University, I'm sure you have seen our accommodation (I lived in Catherine House in first year and I highly recommend it).
As for student life, there is plenty to do such as:
Going to the beach and Southsea Common which is a really nice place to relax and it has tons of arcades.
Gunwharf Quays (shopping outlet), which is really good for shopping, bars, restaurants, going to the cinema and bowling etc.
Albert Road, which is really good for pubs and independent coffee shops.
Commercial Road, which has Primark, Boots, JD etc and the cascades shopping centre.
The nightlife is also really good as there is plenty of clubs and events on. Also, you get a nice balance of living in a city and also by the beach.
If you have anymore questions please let me know!

Erin - Official Student Rep :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Hi,

Congratulations on your offers! I am a Digital Marketing student at UoP so I don't know much about Computer Science however I have previously lived with students who are studying this and they really enjoyed it. You can look at the module descriptions on the Uni website for some more detail. As your offer includes an industrial placement year, I can reassure you that Portsmouth give a lot of support to those applying for placements. There's a placement office and a careers department who can help you find placements and also help you write your applications (cover letters and CVs) either face to face or over the phone. I have used these services multiple times and they are extremely helpful. As you have already visited the University, I'm sure you have seen our accommodation (I lived in Catherine House in first year and I highly recommend it).
As for student life, there is plenty to do such as:
Going to the beach and Southsea Common which is a really nice place to relax and it has tons of arcades.
Gunwharf Quays (shopping outlet), which is really good for shopping, bars, restaurants, going to the cinema and bowling etc.
Albert Road, which is really good for pubs and independent coffee shops.
Commercial Road, which has Primark, Boots, JD etc and the cascades shopping centre.
The nightlife is also really good as there is plenty of clubs and events on. Also, you get a nice balance of living in a city and also by the beach.
If you have anymore questions please let me know!

Erin - Official Student Rep :smile:

Thank you :smile: I'll consider it.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 4
Bump
Reply 5
Bump
Reply 6
Bumpp

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending