The Student Room Group

Greenwich or Aston Uni - Law

Hi, I have applied to study law in both Greenwich and Aston university and I have been accepted in both. I would like to know some information about the law department, teaching board, and totally how good each is. If there is a student who has been to either of these universities, I would be grateful if they could advise me on this issue. Which one of these universities can prepare me better for prospects of a future job as a barrister? thank you very much
Original post by Soulmaz Mosavi
Hi, I have applied to study law in both Greenwich and Aston university and I have been accepted in both. I would like to know some information about the law department, teaching board, and totally how good each is. If there is a student who has been to either of these universities, I would be grateful if they could advise me on this issue. Which one of these universities can prepare me better for prospects of a future job as a barrister? thank you very much

I wouldnt go to either.
Prefer to resit A levels.
Ask here
https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/office/475412/university-of-greenwich
https://www.astonsu.com/organisation/6642/
Original post by Soulmaz Mosavi

Hello! I’m a second year Law student at Greenwich. So far I’ve found the teaching to suit me really well. I would say the law department is good as they’re very organised and always keep us updated if there’s any changes to anything in the course.

The lecturers I’ve had explain things clearly but on the odd occasion I don’t understand something the lecturers are normally quite happy to go over it in the break or after a lecture. I also feel there is quite good support as I’m able to pop in and see the lecturers in their office hours.

Each lecturer has a different style of teaching but generally I find all of them to be good. Some modules have more resources available than others, but generally for each module we get a course booklet with helpful information needed for the module. We also have the PowerPoints used in lectures made available to us.

Career wise, I’m leaning more towards the solicitor route right now and the university has helped me a lot by providing lots of volunteering opportunities to help boost employability.

I currently volunteer for the Innocence Project London and the Legal Advice Centre and get the chance to work with qualified solicitors. This type of volunteering is good for becoming a solicitor or a barrister but Greenwich also has a mooting society and mock trial competitions which are more focused for going down the barrister route.

I hope this was helpful!

Feel free to ask any other questions you might have :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending