The Student Room Group

Connection with people

I feel like me actually connecting with people is so rare. Yeah I've had a lot of friends in my time,but how many people have I actually properly connected with? Probably about one, who was an online friend I met on tsr actually. I mean connection in two ways, 1. Someone who you get on with really well, and 2. Someone you have a deeper emotional connection with, like you can talk about deep stuff and your thought and feeling s and stuff.

So my bf and I, we had a really good connection. We spent so much time talking in the summer and I actually felt like, for once in my life I was fully comfortable with someone, at home with them, I could talk to them about everything and anything. Then a whole lot of **** happened, surprisingly still together, I did keep telling him we were losing our connection, for months we were only talking trivially, and here we are with a lost connection, he didn't understand what I meant until recently.

Ik it's unhealthy to talk all day, and atm there's less to talk about. And I get you have less to talk about over time. But still, I feel emotionally unfulfilled in the relationship. Talking how much we talk would be enough to maintain the connection, but we lost it and it takes a lot of time to rebuild.

I just worry, that I'll never be as close to him again, in terms of feeling emotionally bonded and the connection. I don't want to give up on him because I love him and we did have that connection. But at the same time, if by some miracle I did have a better connection and more emotionally fulfilling relationship with another guy, I would be tempted to leave my bf. Also the fact that he didn't mind the connection going, and basically killed it, and doesn't want to be as close as we used to be, probably shows he doesn't love me as much anymore

Does anyone understand or have any advice :frown:
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I feel like me actually connecting with people is so rare. Yeah I've had a lot of friends in my time,but how many people have I actually properly connected with? Probably about one, who was an online friend I met on tsr actually. I mean connection in two ways, 1. Someone who you get on with really well, and 2. Someone you have a deeper emotional connection with, like you can talk about deep stuff and your thought and feeling s and stuff.

So my bf and I, we had a really good connection. We spent so much time talking in the summer and I actually felt like, for once in my life I was fully comfortable with someone, at home with them, I could talk to them about everything and anything. Then a whole lot of **** happened, surprisingly still together, I did keep telling him we were losing our connection, for months we were only talking trivially, and here we are with a lost connection, he didn't understand what I meant until recently.

Ik it's unhealthy to talk all day, and atm there's less to talk about. And I get you have less to talk about over time. But still, I feel emotionally unfulfilled in the relationship. Talking how much we talk would be enough to maintain the connection, but we lost it and it takes a lot of time to rebuild.

I just worry, that I'll never be as close to him again, in terms of feeling emotionally bonded and the connection. I don't want to give up on him because I love him and we did have that connection. But at the same time, if by some miracle I did have a better connection and more emotionally fulfilling relationship with another guy, I would be tempted to leave my bf. Also the fact that he didn't mind the connection going, and basically killed it, and doesn't want to be as close as we used to be, probably shows he doesn't love me as much anymore

Does anyone understand or have any advice :frown:

*talking how much we used to talk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending