The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Sorry to hijack the thread: but I would also like ideas of how to celebrate for my 21st birthday!
Errrm, I spent my 21st in Jamaica on a beach sipping cocktails and then I went swimming with Dolphins! I also had a party back home before I left with friends and family.

Maybe go to some swangy place in London, ie maybe the Ritz or Harrods for afternoon Tea with friends? or a good girlie shopping trip? . . .
Reply 3
Jennifer87
Also, Im hoping to meet my uni friends in London for a fancy lunch, I don't know London very well, could anyone offer me an idea of trendy places to eat/celebrate!?

The Square or Petrus.

Otherwise perhaps The Oxo Tower.
Reply 4
Cool thanks, however Im a student still searching for a placement [ie without income at the mo lol] so maybe not sooo upmarket lol! Poor me :frown: :smile:
Reply 5
Jennifer87
Cool thanks, however Im a student still searching for a placement [ie without income at the mo lol] so maybe not sooo upmarket lol! Poor me :frown: :smile:

Ah - I just saw "fancy" and thought I'd go for the upper end of the scale. If you just want a nice restaurant then there are plenty to choose from, whatever your culinary preferences are.
Reply 6
Lol yeh sorry my text was slightly misleading, in hope I think! Well thats the problem..so many too choose from I have no idea where to start...or what area, because I would quite like to go shopping afterwards
Maybe somewhere in convent garden or in the central part where the shops are near by.
Reply 8
Go to Kings Road and splurge....
I am going to Valencia for my 21st-like you didnt have a placement at the time so had to plan well in advance and save lol. For my 21st im getting a lovely ring http://www.hsamuel.co.uk/webstore/detail/R/5188490/
Had to help pay for it as it was in the sale but still a bit expensive. I really wanted a forever present as its like the last big birthday- 30/40/50 are far away and not the same.
I went to The Ivy on Friday for part of my birthday :biggrin: There was an MP there, no other famous people though :frown: Did see Leona Lewis in Selfridges however!!

What do you an your friends like? You'll can find pretty much anything in London, so have a look around and just go somewhere you'll enjoy :smile:

Apart from that, went away with my family for a long weekend down to Padstow (my 21st was on Monday) which is where we use to go on holiday when younger - and it was lovely everyone just being together and relaxing :yes: Present wise i got a MacBook (which i helped paid for as i've been saving for one for a while) and a lovely necklace

-x-
Reply 11
Where abouts is kings road? Is it good for shopping?
Reply 12
:woo:....lets celebrate one year less to live....yes im on a downer......but then again...Diamonds are a girls best friend...and theyre prettifull :biggrin:
Reply 13
Lol cheer up! Im thinking a weekend in Birmingham, Bullring and clubbing, anyone know of any good clubs there?
Reply 14
Actually punting..thats fun :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending