The Student Room Group

Unsure what to do about uni

I feel as though I don’t fit in at my uni, I enjoyed it during freshers as everyone was really friendly but now everyone has their friendship groups and I don’t have anyone. A lot of people on my course seem quite rude and no one really participates in seminars and it’s really awkward. I got A*AA in my a-levels and I spend most of my time studying whereas everyone else I have spoke to applied through clearing as they didn’t get good grades and go out drinking pretty much every night. I’m not enjoying it but I don't know whether to transfer as I like that the uni is close to home and I feel it will be too much of a hassle (accomodation, costs etc.) I regret not trying to get into a better uni such as oxford or Cambridge but I don’t want to drop out and apply.
I wonder what was your basis for choosing this uni? Did you go to open days, attend interview, check out ratings for the uni and course? If your fellow students are mostly there on clearing it suggests the uni was struggling to make up numbers. Did you chose it for location instead? Best course of action might be to contact other potential universities and see how they would respond to you, your grades and your current circumstances. Find where you're going before you jump.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending