The Student Room Group

really need some course advice

Hi i’m currently really unsure about what to do after i finish my current course. I am doing a level 3 networking and cybersecurity course and thought i could go to uni next but realised that i cannot since this is just a certificate and not extended diploma type of btec and also offers really low ucas points.

Would it be okay for me to do an access course after finishing my current one then go to uni or should i look into doing something else since i’m even having some difficulty finding access courses about cybersecurity. Sorry just feeling really unsure i should’ve looked more into the type of course i’m doing and don’t want to make another mistake. I really do enjoy doing cybersecurity and this course has helped me understand that which is why i want to further my education on it but i do feel like i wasted a bit of time doing this instead of a course that could help me go into other things.

also thinking having to do another year before going uni has really saddened me…sorry for the lengthy post
Are you studying your level 3 cert at a college? Could they advise you on what to do? Sorry if you have already done this, just not 100% clear.

You could also look into alternatives to uni, such as degree apprenticeships? I think these can be quite popular in IT/Cyber related areas :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by AnnaGlypta
Are you studying your level 3 cert at a college? Could they advise you on what to do? Sorry if you have already done this, just not 100% clear.

You could also look into alternatives to uni, such as degree apprenticeships? I think these can be quite popular in IT/Cyber related areas :smile:

thank you so much for answering i have spoken to them recently and they gave me a few options such as doing an access course, doing apprenticeship or taking an extended diploma for another two years which is something i definitely don’t want to do.

i feel like since im still quite new to IT and computing I may not be able to get into a lot of apprenticeships with just this course so i have been staying away from them and have been looking more into uni to learn more. if i change my mind i was thinking i could go onto a degree apprenticeship if they accept access courses which i’m not really sure if these apprenticeships do but either way you gave me a good point to look for apprenticeships thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending