The Student Room Group

Anyone doing bio, chem a levels with grades 6-5 to 6-6 in combined science?

Anyone? And if so how are you finding them?
I got 6-5 in combined science, and am unsure whether or not to do a levels in biology and chemistry?
Also how are people finding the memorisation needed for biology?
Original post by The-judge-16
I got 6-5 in combined science, and am unsure whether or not to do a levels in biology and chemistry?

Did you put lots of effort into getting this grade, or did you not not put effort into this?

Chemistry a-level is notoriously difficult even for those who get very high GCSE grades.

What do you want to do at university? Prehapes, bio + chem are not nessicary.
Original post by glassalice
Did you put lots of effort into getting this grade, or did you not not put effort into this?

Chemistry a-level is notoriously difficult even for those who get very high GCSE grades.

What do you want to do at university? Prehapes, bio + chem are not nessicary.

I barely revised at all. At university I want to do possibly pharmacy.
Original post by The-judge-16
I barely revised at all. At university I want to do possibly pharmacy.

Hmmm so you do need chemistry AND one other science or math.
But if you barely revised, getting what is essentially a B is actually quite academically impressive.
Do you have a college place? Have they agreed to allow you to take bio & chem dispite the result?
In addition is your maths grade any better and would you want to do maths?
I take it you are a do all your revision relatively last minute type person... If that is the case, exams being cancelled has really f*cked over people like you.
Hopefully college/ sixth form will make allowences for this.

It maybe wise to revise/ learn key concepts bio + chem for triple too, as with out a particularly good knowledge base you will struggle.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by glassalice
Hmmm so you do need chemistry AND one other science or math.
But if you barely revised, getting what is essentially a B is actually quite academically impressive.
Do you have a college place? Have they agreed to allow you to take bio & chem dispite the result?
In addition is your maths grade any better and would you want to do maths?
I take it you are a do all your revision relatively last minute type person... If that is the case, exams being cancelled has really f*cked over people like you.
Hopefully college/ sixth form will make allowences for this.

It maybe wise to revise/ learn key concepts bio + chem for triple too, as with out a particularly good knowledge base you will struggle.

You got me in one mate 😂 I am a last minute revision type person. Thanks for your advice.

Quick Reply

Latest