The Student Room Group

Uni of wolverhampton law students???

Hi, i have applied to study law at wolverhampton however there seems to be a lot of negativity surrounding the university. I am currently in year 13 studying English Lit, Sociology, and Philosophy. I am hoping to get A* in Philosophy, A in Sociology and a B in English Lit. Thus, i am certain that i will get accepted ( i am not saying that in an egoistical way - i work hard to get good grades). I live in Wolverhampton and i am planning to stay at home hence, i am thinking to choose a close Uni despite the fact that i could go to a better ranked Uni.

I'm just unsure why everyone on the internet says 'Dont study here' and other negative comments.

At the end of the day isnt the grade you get at the end down to the hardwork you put in?

Also, would i have fewer job prospects if i study at wolverhampton?

I just feel like travelling everyday for 2hours to Uni of Birmingham would be a bit hard.

If there are any Law students at Uni of Wolverhampton - Is it a bad place to study? Is the teaching bad? Are the students passionate about studying Law?

Thank you : )
Reply 1
do you have to stay at home or is it a preference?

i'm not an expert on unis and i'm not a league table snob, but there is no denying that Wolverhampton is near the bottom of the best unis in the UK. if you're going to make such a huge financial investment like uni, i say you need to get your money's worth. get the best education you can. is that Wolverhampton?

job prospects are a combination of your CV, your psychology, the places you apply and your willingness to do whatever it takes, so it's hard to answer you on that note.

ps moved your thread to the Law forum.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending