The Student Room Group

Will current Year 12s have mocks in September?

I’m so worried, my school’s mocks were supposed to be in June, but obviously due to school closures they’ve been cancelled...or postponed? On Wednesday I received an email with resources to help us in preparation for mock exams, but the teacher didn’t mention a date or anything, so idk if it’s just a government regulation. Anyway, I’m so stressed because I’m getting set SO much work and projects, half of which isn’t actually in the textbook so I don’t actually need to learn it, which means I’ve had to neglect revision and covering the last 30 or so pages of the textbook of this year’s course. I’m not over exaggerating by the way, last week I had to write 3 30 mark essays, do 10 pages of coursework set that week and then a research task. Anyway, do you think we’ll have mocks?
Hi I moved your thread to a more relevant forum :h: As of right now, there are no information about what's happening with yr 12s so what your school is doing is probably trying to prepare for any situation that will happen. If they are give you resources for preparation of mock exams, they will probably are planning to do mock exams at some point. In my opinion, I think we will have mocks and I dont see why we wouldnt but when really depends
Original post by PetitePanda
Hi I moved your thread to a more relevant forum :h: As of right now, there are no information about what's happening with yr 12s so what your school is doing is probably trying to prepare for any situation that will happen. If they are give you resources for preparation of mock exams, they will probably are planning to do mock exams at some point. In my opinion, I think we will have mocks and I dont see why we wouldnt but when really depends

Thank you! Do you think we’ll have them the literal second we get back though? I’ve seen a few posts saying that as soon as we’re back in September we’ll have them, but surely not because we need time to settle back into it our routine and most people won’t revise over what would normally be the summer holiday :frown: I’m definitely going too, but yeah.
Original post by Anonymousamie
Thank you! Do you think we’ll have them the literal second we get back though? I’ve seen a few posts saying that as soon as we’re back in September we’ll have them, but surely not because we need time to settle back into it our routine and most people won’t revise over what would normally be the summer holiday :frown: I’m definitely going too, but yeah.

I don't think they will literally be the 'second' we come back. It is likely the first two weeks may be dedicated to mock exams but it depends on your school. As you have said they might delay it by a week or 2 just to get things running smoothly and back to normal as we have been off school for a considerable amount of time.
Once year 12 mocks are out of the way, we usually have the autumn year 13 mocks and then the spring year 13 mocks in the run up to exam season
Pleaseeeee :frown:
mine have been moved to september, it's gonna be so busy when we get back to coll im actually ****ting it
Original post by Anonymousamie

I dont think we'll have them straight away because they need to run and solve everyone in place but we might in late September/ early October. Most people I know at least revise in the summer
Reply 7
The timing of mocks will be entirely up to the school as it always is. The priority will be sorting out anyone re-sitting from the Summer's made-up exams.

Quick Reply

Latest