The Student Room Group

Want to retake year 12 because I hate my subjects currently

Hi guys!

I really need some help, so I’m doing a level history , English and socio and I completely despise them. Its been 5 months through year 12 and I haven’t revised a single bit for my levels , I absolutely can’t take it anymore because I didn’t even originally plan to do these subjects , had no choice but to because I couldn’t do the stem due to a few of my grades at gcse. The school told me to take essay based subjects since I got good in them but I didn’t even do gcse history so that there was a struggle.

The school already knows of my situation since the beginning of September, and I’ve had so many meetings with them but they don’t allow year 12 retakes only year 13 under a few circumstances

I’ve emailed so much schools but they have all said they don’t allow year 12 retakes as well. I genuinely don’t know what to do , I’ve told so much people such as family and stuff and they said to keep my a levels but they don’t know how hard they are and how I don’t enjoy them at all. I definitely I’m not doing a apprenticeship or going to college , just want to do 2 years a levels on economics

Any advice please would be very much appreciated because I can’t do this anymore especially when I’ve got mocks soon

Thank you
(edited 2 months ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest