The Student Room Group

KCL Law vs. Business school in Canada

Hi!I'm trying to decide between KCL Law or a business school in Canada. While I LOVE London and value KCLs reputation, I'm also very worried about the social aspect. I've heard that London universities generally don't have a strong campus culture and that it's hard to make friends. Is there any truth to this? (The Canadian university I'm thinking about is known to have a very tight community)
Original post by papergirla
Hi!I'm trying to decide between KCL Law or a business school in Canada. While I LOVE London and value KCLs reputation, I'm also very worried about the social aspect. I've heard that London universities generally don't have a strong campus culture and that it's hard to make friends. Is there any truth to this? (The Canadian university I'm thinking about is known to have a very tight community)

I don't understand why the choice is just between those 2 options? If you want to do Law at a uni with a strong campus culture, why not apply to UK unis with strong campus cultures?

If you would prefer to study Business in Canada, why even consider doing Law in the UK? I think we need a bit more context
Reply 2
Original post by harrysbar
I don't understand why the choice is just between those 2 options? If you want to do Law at a uni with a strong campus culture, why not apply to UK unis with strong campus cultures?

If you would prefer to study Business in Canada, why even consider doing Law in the UK? I think we need a bit more context

I think my end goal is to practice law, although I am still a little conflicted about law vs. business. Regardless, in Canada, you can't study law for undergrad (hence, the business school). As for why KCL; it's the most internationally recognized school I have an offer to study at (this is important because I want to practice law in Canada too).
Reply 3
why Canada? do you have citizenship or do you need a student visa? which university or at least what city you planning on going to? how do you know the university's community is tight?

just asking as i've lived all over Canada and might be able to tell you if you're making a huge mistake :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by Joleee
why Canada? do you have citizenship or do you need a student visa? which university or at least what city you planning on going to? how do you know the university's community is tight?

just asking as i've lived all over Canada and might be able to tell you if you're making a huge mistake :biggrin:

Yep! I have citizenship. And the uni Im considering is Western University (in London, Ontario)
Reply 5
Thank you so much! This was helpful :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending