The Student Room Group

Guildford School of Acting or Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts?

Hi! I was recently offered a place at Guildford School of Acting and at Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts, both for BA Musical Theatre, and I really don't know which one to choose! I love both programs, and both seem to be pretty similar in student satisfaction. I think one of the most important deciding points for me now would be the likelihood of getting employed after I graduate. I would really appreciate any advice on which to choose, and if there are any current or former students of either, I would also really appreciate it!
Wow, what a dilemma to have. They are both amongst the top MT colleges with fantastic graduate outcomes. The only advice I can give is to go with your gut feeling as to where you would feel happiest spending the next three years.
Original post by lucyinthesky02
Hi! I was recently offered a place at Guildford School of Acting and at Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts, both for BA Musical Theatre, and I really don't know which one to choose! I love both programs, and both seem to be pretty similar in student satisfaction. I think one of the most important deciding points for me now would be the likelihood of getting employed after I graduate. I would really appreciate any advice on which to choose, and if there are any current or former students of either, I would also really appreciate it!

Mountview is the best bet however it costs more to go and there is only half a loan option. Scholar ships too but doesn’t equal the same as a full loan. So if you can afford that go for mountview. If not, GSA is a very good school too. Also London is a wonderful place to live especially for actors with all the theatres around and the connections it brings you x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending