The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Diversity at University of Warwick

Hi,I'm currently debating between Uni of Birmingham (AAA) and Uni of Warwick (ABB), however, I do prefer Warwick in terms of their module lay out and it is better for my course (law). The only problem is whether there is a lack of diversity at Warwick. I just want to know is Warwick ethnically diverse? And is Birmingham more diverse than Warwick?
Original post by 6ccldn
Hi,I'm currently debating between Uni of Birmingham (AAA) and Uni of Warwick (ABB), however, I do prefer Warwick in terms of their module lay out and it is better for my course (law). The only problem is whether there is a lack of diversity at Warwick. I just want to know is Warwick ethnically diverse? And is Birmingham more diverse than Warwick?

One of the most diverse unis
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by Anonymous
One of the most diverse unis

Is that Warwick or UOB?
Warwick is diverse, iirc like 35% international and a wide variety of ethnic backgrounds. Societies tied to background are quite active.
Original post by _gcx
Warwick is diverse, iirc like 35% international and a wide variety of ethnic backgrounds. Societies tied to background are quite active.

Thank you, do you go to Warwick as well? I heard nightlife is quite boring or a trek there compared to Birmingham which makes sense but is it that bad?
Original post by 6ccldn
Thank you, do you go to Warwick as well? I heard nightlife is quite boring or a trek there compared to Birmingham which makes sense but is it that bad?

Warwick is very diverse - there are sooo many international students so u end up making friends with people all over the world. Plus there are loads of people from London (known to be a diverse city) who go to Warwick.
Night life really isnt bad. Theres 3 main choices of places for clubbing (cov, leamington, bham) and yeah its a bit of a trek but isnt so deep to all take the uni express bus together or split an uber. Obviously way more convenient to be walking distance from clubs but to answer ur question no it isnt that bad.
Nottingham would be better then both, for everything. But i would go with Warwick. I think it just evokes more of a "i bet your clever" type reaction then going to Birmingham, it's kind of the forgotten RG...the poor man's Bristol (even though it's a much bigger city lol).

Quick Reply

Latest