The Student Room Group

why do people put a medicine degree on a pedestal

Why does evryone think medicine is the be all and end all and that every other degree is bad ? Most of my cousins study medicine and law and I get so much **** for studying English like I’m not gonna get a job blah blah low money probably gonna end up Being a teacher 😭😭 this is what my family say lol
Medicine is a competitive degree to get onto, nobody is putting it on a pedestal. Tell your family that during crises like covid you will be comfortable and safe in your home whilst medics are tring to save people and endangering their lifes.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Medicine is a competitive degree to get onto, nobody is putting it on a pedestal. Tell your family that during crises like covid you will be comfortable and safe in your home whilst medics are tring to save people and endangering their lifes.

Proved my point !!!😭
I think there is certainly a sense of elitism with medicine, which is half-earned. This is also present with CompSci to less a degree, but the only difference is this elitism is based on nothing but an ever increasing flow of labour in what they call an "ever growing job market". But yeah medicine is definitely a respectable degree but that doesn't mean it is necessarily better than any other degrees like English or Geography. I think at the end of the day, we can all agree that Animal Care and General Studies are the worst courses and that unites us under a common disrespect.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending