The Student Room Group
Maybe exeter and bath will? Depends on your PS . Economics really competative now at the top level unfortunatly so your gonna be competeing with people who got AAA in their AS's as well for those kinda places.

Have a look at York. They seem a bit more generous with their grade standards for their calibur. I got in despite missing the offer by a grade.
Reply 2
dibbles
Hi,
I got my AS results today and achieved BBBB in maths, chemistry, biology and german (disappointed) and will be applying to universities for next september soon. I was wondering if anyone could tell me the likelihood of the following uni's giving me an offer is...(if my predicted grades are AAA too- GCSE's being 2A*s, 8A's, 2B's)

LSE
UCL
Warwick
Nottingham
Exeter
Bath

Unfortunately I can see you getting offers from none of those places.

Check out the other thread in this forum and you will learn a lot. One of the useful threads is my thread which gives analysis of the admissions process for economics:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=619184

One disadvantage you face is that you don't have A-level economics: at UCL,Warwick 80%+ of students have A-level economics
Reply 3
billyboymccoy
Maybe exeter and bath will? Depends on your PS . Economics really competative now at the top level unfortunatly so your gonna be competeing with people who got AAA in their AS's as well for those kinda places.

Have a look at York. They seem a bit more generous with their grade standards for their calibur. I got in despite missing the offer by a grade.

So you got in with ABB?
Reply 4
Im thinking of applying to the same unis as the OP. I got ABB, the A was in A2 maths which i did a year early as i will do further maths next year. the 2Bs were in chem and econ, but only a few marks off an A. what would bw my chances at the same unis??
Paulwhy
So you got in with ABB?

Yes. I droped down to a B in physics ;(
I got in to Exeter having applied with BBBCD at AS, and eventually getting ABB at A-level. I applied two years ago though, and standards are likely to rise given that both Exeter and the School of Business and Economics there are going up in the world. At the time the standard offer was specified as AAB-BBB.
As long as you can get good final A-level grades I think you'll be fine.
I would definitely recommend Exeter to you for Economics, by the way. I don't think the place gets the recognition it deserves on this forum.
Reply 7
Unfortunately I can see you getting offers from none of those places.

Check out the other thread in this forum and you will learn a lot. One of the useful threads is my thread which gives analysis of the admissions process for economics:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=619184

One disadvantage you face is that you don't have A-level economics: at UCL,Warwick 80%+ of students have A-level economics

That seems a bit harsh. To say none will accpet him is probably a step too far. I agree that the top 4 would probably be wasted applications but Bath and Exeter are more than fair game.
Reply 8
ssmoose
That seems a bit harsh. To say none will accpet him is probably a step too far. I agree that the top 4 would probably be wasted applications but Bath and Exeter are more than fair game.

Well I said "Unfortunately I can see you getting offers from none of those places."
I did not say the OP would definitely not.get offers from any of them.
Which indeed would be harsh.

I agree that the first 4 would be wastes.
and that Exeter looks possible. (As do the other lower AAB unis. e.g. the ones that offer AAB/ABB: Southampton,Exeter,Manchester,SOAS)

But.Given the AS grades and that Bath prefer A-level Economics, Bath.seems unlikely to accept. Maybe give York a go.

Latest

Trending

Trending