The Student Room Group

STRESSING about my Law application

I’m stressing because I’m realising I may get no offers because I applied to extremely competitive universities. I sent my application off on 6th October. So it’s been just under a month and I still have no offers.
Background on me:
My predicted grades are A*AA
My gcse grades are 98888777665
I applied to law at
Oxford
Nottingham
Exeter
Warwick
Bristol
Context: I did a programme for low achieving schools so I have additional consideration from Nottingham, Warwick and Exeter
I have a guaranteed offer from Exeter (which they haven’t given me yet )
But I’m realising that most people who have gotten law offers are predicted 3A* and maybe this might be a reason I haven’t gotten any?

Anyways, I guess I’m asking - was it stupid of me to apply to the competitor range of unis I applied to?
And what are my actual chances of getting my offers given my academic background (seeing as so many people are getting law offers.)
and why are my offers taking so long?
(Oh and in terms of my LNAT I think it went quite well)

Thank you😭
(edited 5 months ago)
I had the same A level predicted grades as you and I got into Oxford for law. I didn't hear back about Oxford interviews until late November, got an offer in January and got a Bristol offer in March. Competitive unis usually make offers later so don't worry that you haven't heard back from them yet
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by username123ab
i had the same a level predicted grades as you and i got into oxford for law. I didn't hear back about oxford interviews until late november, got an offer in january and got a bristol offer in march. Competitive unis usually make offers later so don't worry that you haven't heard back from them yet

thank you sm
Reply 3
Original post by Username123ab
I had the same A level predicted grades as you and I got into Oxford for law. I didn't hear back about Oxford interviews until late November, got an offer in January and got a Bristol offer in March. Competitive unis usually make offers later so don't worry that you haven't heard back from them yet

Thank you for this - I am in a similar position
Original post by Username123ab

Hi, did you have extra consideration or were you state school?
Original post by citystudent41212
Hi, did you have extra consideration or were you state school?

Didn't have extra consideration and I went to state schools but wasn't eligible for a contextual offer (don't think Oxford even do them but not 100% sure)
Original post by mzbrown
I’m stressing because I’m realising I may get no offers because I applied to extremely competitive universities. I sent my application off on 6th October. So it’s been just under a month and I still have no offers.
Background on me:
I applied to law at
Oxford
Nottingham
Exeter
Warwick
Bristol
Context: I did a programme for low achieving schools so I have additional consideration from Nottingham, Warwick and Exeter
But I’m realising that most people who have gotten law offers are predicted 3A* and maybe this might be a reason I haven’t gotten any?

Anyways, I guess I’m asking - was it stupid of me to apply to the competitor range of unis I applied to?
And what are my actual chances of getting my offers given my academic background (seeing as so many people are getting law offers.)

Thank you😭

I am soooo scared myself, I got 9877776666 in my gcses and predicted 2 A*s and 2 As I applied for UoB I'm really not sure if that is considered competitive uni or not
Reply 7
Original post by mzbrown
Background on me:
I applied to law at
Oxford
Nottingham
Exeter
Warwick
Bristol

Thank you😭

Just got an offer from Warwick. Same predicted grades as you - you’ll be fine!
Original post by YL1MIS

well doneeeee!!! did you get all 8s and 9s in your GCSEs or does it not matter?
Reply 9
Original post by Jakeclarke
well doneeeee!!! did you get all 8s and 9s in your GCSEs or does it not matter?

Lmao I cried on results day (though I suppose that was dramatic)
6 in Maths,Music,English Language and Combined Science.
7 in Geo and Combined Science
8 in History and English Literature
9 in Religious Studies
Original post by YL1MIS
Lmao I cried on results day (though I suppose that was dramatic)
6 in Maths,Music,English Language and Combined Science.
7 in Geo and Combined Science
8 in History and English Literature
9 in Religious Studies

you give me a lot of hope thank you so much!
Reply 11
Original post by Jakeclarke
you give me a lot of hope thank you so much!

Im happy to help! Where else did you apply?
Original post by YL1MIS

I actually did Warwick, uob, Leicester,
Reply 13
Original post by YL1MIS

Hey!! could i please have some advice. I have got the same predicteds AAA and would really like to go to warwick. My GCSE's are 7s-9s. But I am also applying to LSE(AAA) ,UCL(AAA), Southampton(AAA) and Surrey(ABB) but would also like to apply to Manchester(A*AA). Which ones do you think I should apply to and get a realistic chance of an offer? I am able to get a contextual offer of BBB from UCL aswell...
Please help me. Thank you!!
Reply 14
update - i’ve got an offer from uni of nottingham which i feel very relieved about
Reply 15
Original post by YL1MIS

thank you !! i actually got an offer from uni of nottingham which im glad about
Reply 16
Original post by aidaxoxo1
Hey!! could i please have some advice. I have got the same predicteds AAA and would really like to go to warwick. My GCSE's are 7s-9s. But I am also applying to LSE(AAA) ,UCL(AAA), Southampton(AAA) and Surrey(ABB) but would also like to apply to Manchester(A*AA). Which ones do you think I should apply to and get a realistic chance of an offer? I am able to get a contextual offer of BBB from UCL aswell...
Please help me. Thank you!!

Based on your excellent gcse grades I think you can negotiate with your teachers for higher predicted. It’s not worth applying to a course that’s higher than your predicted imo but if you could get the it up you’d be fine
Reply 17
Original post by mzbrown
thank you !! i actually got an offer from uni of nottingham which im glad about

Happy for you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending