The Student Room Group

Would you pay this much for an online course?

Would you pay £100 for an online course?
Hi! Well, it really depends on whether it’s worth it or not. Also, do you need the certificate, or is your aim just to learn? If it’s the latter, have you tried edX? It’s an online platform where you can do courses for free (from really cool, prestigious universities, by the way :wink: ), and you only have to pay if you want to receive a certificate (paying would also allow you to do coursework, but personally I don’t really miss that part of the course :tongue: ). Hope this helped! :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Depends on what it is for, and what I will do with it after completing the course.
I'd check the national careers section of the gov.uk website to see what sort of accreditation I need, and whether the accreditation is internationally recognised.

If the value in the course is important to me and gives me more than £100 return/value, yes.
If it's for the accreditation, but you found out it's not recognised in any capacity, then no.
If the course only offers opinion with nothing to back it up, and no reference to credible material, it's not worth it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending