The Student Room Group

Digital Marketing vs Marketing

Hey guys,

Just wanted to ask a little bit about these two courses. I had done some research on these two but I didn't exactly get to a conclusion.

I wasn't sure which would be better. I know Marketing is a more general and broad course while Digital Marketing seems a bit more specific.

Would studying a marketing course also get me into digital marketing? Which one is better in terms of pay, flexibility, or other factors?
Original post by chipotlechicken
Hey guys,

Just wanted to ask a little bit about these two courses. I had done some research on these two but I didn't exactly get to a conclusion.

I wasn't sure which would be better. I know Marketing is a more general and broad course while Digital Marketing seems a bit more specific.

Would studying a marketing course also get me into digital marketing? Which one is better in terms of pay, flexibility, or other factors?
Digital marketing and traditional marketing both aim to promote products or services, but they differ in the channels they utilize. Traditional marketing involves conventional methods such as print, television, radio, and billboards to reach a broad audience. In contrast, digital marketing leverages online platforms, including social media, search engines, email, and websites, to engage with a targeted audience. While traditional marketing offers a broad reach, digital marketing provides more precise targeting, real-time analytics, and interactive communication, making it adaptable to the evolving online landscape. Ultimately, a well-rounded marketing strategy may incorporate elements of both digital and traditional approaches to achieve optimal results.
Hey guys,
Hey there,

As Vaibhav1408 said they both aim to promote products or services, but they just differ in the channels they deliver it. Both courses will offer valuable insights such as best practices’, data collection and analysis, but it depends on your career goals so I think it would be useful for you to look through the modules for each course as well as talk to the course leaders of each course to see which is most suitable for you.

As for pay and flexibility, it varies by industry, skillset, the job role you’re applying for and even the location of the job.

I hope you figure out which course is best for you!

Best wishes,

Paige- UoC Digital Marketing MSc student
Hey guys,

It depends what you're interested in really - traditional marketing is much more creative-led while digital marketing is often quite data-driven. Yes, both courses you could get a job in either, as there are lots of transferable skills!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending