The Student Room Group

DistanceLearningCentre Access Course for Law

Hello,

I'm looking to start an access course with the hopes of studying an LLB afterwards. I would like to start a.s.a.p. but I have missed most colleges, so now looking at DLC. Has anyone had any experiences with them? I am aiming for all 45 distinctions and applying to mostly middling RG unis (Exeter, Sheff, Birmingham, etc).
Hello Telepathy,

I suggest you do some google searchers yourself your probably be a lot better than I am. :rolleyes:
This is one link...
https://www.findcourses.co.uk/search/a-level-courses

I not sure what system you are following with the, "I am aiming for all 45 distinctions!" :eek:

Rather you than me.:cool:

I suggest you learn how to structure a law essay.

Over 70% for Law Essay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NjkApOm9yc
90% Law Essay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFuf5LoChwo
All the best...
:hello:
Original post by telepathy
Hello,

I'm looking to start an access course with the hopes of studying an LLB afterwards. I would like to start a.s.a.p. but I have missed most colleges, so now looking at DLC. Has anyone had any experiences with them? I am aiming for all 45 distinctions and applying to mostly middling RG unis (Exeter, Sheff, Birmingham, etc).

Why do you have to start now? It doesn't matter either way because you have missed the UCAS deadline and will have to apply in the next round any way.

I have no experience with them but I am (currently) finishing off my online Access course (mine is in Social Sciences & Humanities) with Highbury College online, and because they are an actual registered school with a physical location, when you do an online Access course with them you can get a government loan which you don't have to pay back if you go to university - unlike all other online Access providers, where you have to pay yourself. I would recommend them and waiting until September. They don't offer an Access Course specifically for Law, but you don't need a Law Access to HE course to get into a law school.

I currently have offers for Law at Durham, Bristol and Exeter, with others pending. So you can definitely get into top law schools with an Access course - and you don't need 45 distinctions, either. All my offers have been for 30 distinctions and 15 merits. I believe only Cambridge (unsure about Oxford and their policies on Access courses) ask for 45/45 distinctions.
Reply 3
Original post by fec1864
Why do you have to start now? It doesn't matter either way because you have missed the UCAS deadline and will have to apply in the next round any way.

I have no experience with them but I am (currently) finishing off my online Access course (mine is in Social Sciences & Humanities) with Highbury College online, and because they are an actual registered school with a physical location, when you do an online Access course with them you can get a government loan which you don't have to pay back if you go to university - unlike all other online Access providers, where you have to pay yourself. I would recommend them and waiting until September. They don't offer an Access Course specifically for Law, but you don't need a Law Access to HE course to get into a law school.

I currently have offers for Law at Durham, Bristol and Exeter, with others pending. So you can definitely get into top law schools with an Access course - and you don't need 45 distinctions, either. All my offers have been for 30 distinctions and 15 merits. I believe only Cambridge (unsure about Oxford and their policies on Access courses) ask for 45/45 distinctions.

Hey,

Thanks for the reply. Thankfully I am in a position where the money isn't much of a big deal to me, so I don't mind paying out of pocket. I'd like to start now rather than wait, as I am in a perfect position to do so and don't see much point in waiting. Congrats on the offers btw a very impressive set of universities you've got there! Do you mind me asking when you did your GCSEs? I did mine just under four years ago, and I'm unsure as to whether they will take these in into account when giving out offers. Also, any tips on getting distinctions? Many thanks :smile:!!
Original post by fec1864

Hi I know this is a bit late, I am considering applying to highbury online for their access course to progress into law school, what is your review on the platform in terms of support, both feedback on assignments and UCAS applications, and what would be your advice to achieve 45 distinctions? Did you use any external resources such as websites/textbooks for the course?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending