The Student Room Group

IAS student got A in chem, math, further math and Chinese, ask me anything!

IAS student got A in chem, math, further math and Chinese, ask me anything! too bored during lockdown....
Reply 1
Wow, I got A in IAS chemistry, physics, maths and further maths
What's your exam board?
Original post by Sam_R9
Wow, I got A in IAS chemistry, physics, maths and further maths
What's your exam board?

edexel
Reply 3
Original post by Hedwigeeeee
edexel

Oh that's nice
I did edexcel too
Just realised that u were doing edexcel when I looked at the chemistry question you posted a few minutes ago.
Original post by Sam_R9
Oh that's nice
I did edexcel too
Just realised that u were doing edexcel when I looked at the chemistry question you posted a few minutes ago.

:smile:
What's your favourite food :smile:
Original post by becausethenight
What's your favourite food :smile:

what?
ice cream I think
Reply 7
:smile:

Are you getting your predicted grades for A2?
Original post by Sam_R9
Are you getting your predicted grades for

not yet,lol I will be A2 next year. I only have AS results. Are u in A2?
Any studying tips?
Reply 10
not yet,lol I will be A2 next year. I only have AS results. Are u in A2?

Nope, I completed A2 last year.
So u did AS this year?
Original post by Sam_R9
Nope, I completed A2 last year.
So u did AS this year?

yes, I am a bit worried about A2, Is that a lot harder than AS? Is it necessary to do some preview?
Reply 12
yes, I am a bit worried about A2, Is that a lot harder than AS? Is it necessary to do some preview?

Is it the new syllabus?
I heard that AS was a stand-alone qualification now. I acc dk about the new syllabus, but according to the old one, it's better that u revise AS along with A2 as questions will include AS too.
The transition from AS to A2 will be similar to that from IGCSE to AS, but it might be a little bit harder. As you have As, A2 will be easy for you.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by paulaxx8
Any studying tips?

well, I have no idea for chem. for math, just do as much past paper as u can, AS math and Chinese are not such difficult...
Original post by Sam_R9
Is it the new syllabus?
I heard that AS was a stand-alone qualification now. I acc dk about the new syllabus, but according to the old one, it's better that u revise AS along with A2 as questions will include AS too.
The transition from AS to A2 will be similar to that from IGCSE to AS, but it might be a little bit harder. As you have As, A2 will be easy for you.

I see, thanks,my teacher told me if I got A in AS, perhaps for A2 I can only get B with the same effort! Hope it won't
Reply 15
I see, thanks,my teacher told me if I got A in AS, perhaps for A2 I can only get B with the same effort! Hope it won't

Your teacher is actually trying to make you study harder. If he/ she says like that, you'll study harder to get the best results and obviously that's what your parents and teacher would want.
Best of luck with your A2 :h:
Original post by Sam_R9
Your teacher is actually trying to make you study harder. If he/ she says like that, you'll study harder to get the best results and obviously that's what your parents and teacher would want.
Best of luck with your A2 :h:

haha.thanks
Are you a native Chinese speaker ?
Original post by polyglot23
Are you a native Chinese speaker ?

yeah

Quick Reply

Latest