The Student Room Group

how do i write a good personal statement?

I do not have any work experience and I had just started my volunteering until this lockdown struck so I don't have much experience in that either. what are some tips to structuring my personal statement and what can I write about? I am fairly an average girl without many awards or experience.
What course are you applying for? Unless applying for a vocational course like medicine or teaching that lead directly to a job, you don't need work experience (and those will be more lenient now). Extra reading/watching webinars etc is more important :smile:
Original post by Interrobang
What course are you applying for? Unless applying for a vocational course like medicine or teaching that lead directly to a job, you don't need work experience (and those will be more lenient now). Extra reading/watching webinars etc is more important :smile:

i am applying for medicine. and as my 5th other option i am thinking about either chemical engineering or immunlogy.
I have watched a couple of webinars during this lockdown and before lockdown I have gone to a lecture however in my personal statement should I talk about what I learnt during those lectures? because in a couple of them I was a part of I did not understand anything they were talking about due to the very technical terms I had never heard of. so iam not sure of what to include
Original post by help_me_learn
i am applying for medicine. and as my 5th other option i am thinking about either chemical engineering or immunlogy.
I have watched a couple of webinars during this lockdown and before lockdown I have gone to a lecture however in my personal statement should I talk about what I learnt during those lectures? because in a couple of them I was a part of I did not understand anything they were talking about due to the very technical terms I had never heard of. so iam not sure of what to include

There's a whole load of advice in the Medicine forum - it's not just specific to the PS :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending