The Student Room Group

How to prepare for A-levels😱

I start sixth form next year and will be studying the following,

- English literature
- Healthcare
- Sociology
- Psychology (maybe)

Is there anything I can do during lockdown do prepare for next year (any recommended apps etc would also be useful :smile:)

Thanks
You could look at your exam board's specification and just read over a few things to get a bit of a head-start. Also for English you could decide to read some of the books now
If you can get hold of a textbook then maybe it's worth having a quick read of some chapters. You could read some of your English books now as well too, that's a good idea.

No an app but I used the Seneca website at GCSE and A level but that was mainly for revision rather than look at new content.

You could always do some extra reading in a particular subject. E.g. if you wanted to do a sociology degree you could maybe find some sociology books/documentaries/articles to read
Reply 3
Sometimes it’s more than that lol
I know you weren't talking to me but I never got more than 3 English essays a week. Maybe collectively with my other subjects yeah.

2 English essays at most a week, for me.
Reply 5
I have two English and they both assigned us essay based homework, so 2, then in lesson we would do essays as well so in a week I would get more than 3. But I think it’s the best way to revise English lit tbh, also they don’t give that much straight away. Sounds like a lot but it’s my favorite subject so I personally really enjoy it especially when you can see the improvements/progress with every essay
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Sameera2020

- English literature
- Healthcare
- Sociology
- Psychology (maybe)

Is there anything I can do during lockdown do prepare for next year (any recommended apps etc would also be useful :smile:)

Thanks

For English literature, I wish I had read the novels/plays I was doing during the summer holidays between year 11 and year 12. So I recommend finding out and reading them. You can still do well if you don’t, but if you’re looking for something to do, then you might aswell
I would recommend to use seneca, it really helped me :smile:
Original post by Aminah T
I would recommend to use seneca, it really helped me :smile:

Seneca is a good one but doesn't have all the content :frown:
Litcharts is actually really good.
Reply 10
Original post by Sameera2020

- English literature
- Healthcare
- Sociology
- Psychology (maybe)

Thanks

Hiya,
I'm studying English lit, sociology, art and design and biology next year, so some similarities 😊. for English lit really I've just been catching up on reading, finding out what books and poems I'm doing and probably going to read them. sociology I've just been doing some of the work that I've been given by my school. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest