The Student Room Group

Grad job preparation

How long should I spend preparing for grad test application and numerical and sjt tests. Is 2 weeks enough? 1 or 2 hrs a day?
Reply 1
Original post by Oranges126
How long should I spend preparing for grad test application and numerical and sjt tests. Is 2 weeks enough? 1 or 2 hrs a day?

There's usually a time limit on how long one has to respond to or complete the test. Varies for each test. The test provider will send over an e-mail once the employer advances your application, so you'll know how long you have when you read the e-mail.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by amaya244
There's usually a time standard limit on how long one has to respond to or complete the test. Varies for each test. The test provider will send over an e-mail once your employer advances your application, so you'll know how long you have when you read the e-mail.

Hi, sorry to confuse you but my question was about how long I should spend practising the types of assessments even before applying? Or is it best to apply straight away?
Reply 3
Hi, sorry to confuse you but my question was about how long I should spend practising the types of assessments even before applying? Or is it best to apply straight away?

I wouldn't put a strict time limit on it. Prepare for as long as you feel you need to. Be sure you are confident enough to approach such a test. But be warned, the test provider we partner with at my company do not offer aptitude questions, they test your readiness for work. In other words, you can prepare for 1 hour, 2 weeks, or even a month, but you will not be asked questions that you can prepare for. Those kinds of tests which I call aptitude tests and which try to measure skill as a means of ranking you into a percentile based on the number of correct answers you can come up with usually only need 2 or 3 days prep. Don't stress yourself too much as the employer can't be that great if they are still using tests like that.

Apply straight away. You shouldn't need to practice extensively for these tests.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending