The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Has anyone got the NAI form from Manchester yet?
Reply 61
Original post by JPWR1
Has anyone got the NAI form from Manchester yet?

i got it early because i’m a MAP student - they’ve already given me a guaranteed interview (which i’m lucky because my ucat is 2420 sjt3) :tongue:
Reply 62
Original post by dxnixl
i got it early because i’m a MAP student - they’ve already given me a guaranteed interview (which i’m lucky because my ucat is 2420 sjt3) :tongue:

Hi, I am suoer nervous abiut the NAI Form for some silly reason. Could you clarify a couple fo things for me if you can?

Are the four sections the same as in previous years? 1. Experience in a caring role 2. Hobbies and interests 3. Team working and 4. Motivation for medicine?

And how long is each section? I heard 200 words - is that right?

If you don't feel comfortable saying that's totally fine.

All the best.
Reply 63
Original post by JoTheM
Hi, I am suoer nervous abiut the NAI Form for some silly reason. Could you clarify a couple fo things for me if you can?

Are the four sections the same as in previous years? 1. Experience in a caring role 2. Hobbies and interests 3. Team working and 4. Motivation for medicine?

All the best.

All i’ll say is don’t worry bout it :wink:
Reply 64
Original post by dxnixl
All i’ll say is don’t worry bout it :wink:

:woo:Hahaha

All the best.
Reply 65
Original post by JoTheM

All the best.

Hopefully it’s not like Keele’s R&R form, I found that quite difficult to fill out.
Original post by dxnixl

Congratulations🙂
Reply 67
Original post by A12345F
Congratulations🙂

ty!!! good luck :smile:

Original post by JoTheM
:woo:Hahaha

All the best.

you too :biggrin:
Reply 68
GCSEs:
9s in biology, chemistry, physics, maths
8s in D&T, English lang, German
7s in geography, English lit, religious studies

A levels:
AAA in bio, chem and maths for AS levels
A*A*A for predictions

UCAT:
VR = 570
DM = 650
QR = 800
AR = 630
SJT = B1
Total = 2650, average = 662.5

Work experience: one week at dental centre in y10, BSMS virtual work experiene, Observe GP
Volunteering: over-60s lunch club multiple times for a year, volunteered at a flood camp for a month, hopefully will get volunteering place at local hospital before 15th Oct but not guaranteed

Contextual/WP flags: attended state school for secondary, POLAR4 quintile 3

I'm thinking about replacing Nottingham with Manchester as I feel I have a better chance. Would I be considered a strong applicant? Also aren't offers based solely on interview performance?
Hi can any Manchester med students let me know their experience with the course? I know it’s PBL but on the website it sounds as if it’s slightly integrated, have their been changes to the course. Also how is ur experience, I’m thinking of applying but I don’t know any Man med students to give me any insight. Anything would be appreciated. Thank you!
I really want to study in Manchester as I really love the city but the PBL structure of the course is putting me off as I do prefer being given the same set information/curriculum to learn like everybody else. Does anybody have any experience with pbl at Manchester? Or how pbl and cbl courses differ?
Reply 71
I still haven’t had an acknowledgement from Manchester, is this expected?
i applied to dentistry and manchester and i haven't received an acknowledgement either, neither has another one of my choices but i know it's been sent off since i got an email from my other unis and UCAS.
Original post by JPWR1
I still haven’t had an acknowledgement from Manchester, is this expected?

I haven't got one either yet, all my other options have emailed me though. Made me worry a bit that they don't have it
Reply 74
Original post by 12holl34
I haven't got one either yet, all my other options have emailed me though. Made me worry a bit that they don't have it

Surely it’d be an automatic response upon arrival. Which worries me if it is, because that means it hasn’t been received. :/
Not all universities send them, if none of us have received one then it's all ok!
Does anyone know what counts as 'caring experience' for the Manchester non -academic form? They say it may or may not be medically related so would mentoring etc be okay?
Hi,just want to ask is there any deadline for NAI form to submit in MAN uni?
Just applied lads :P we get the NAI form after the October 15th deadline right? Does anyone know how long after this is, like is it on October the 15th/ a week after etc.
Reply 79
On the fence between Manchester and Glasgow. I keep reading horror stories about Manc's reliance on PBL.

can someone please let me know their reasons for choosing manchester, or even better choosing it over Glasgow.

Anything at all would be great :smile:

Best of luck everyone!

Latest

Trending

Trending