The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
KKAu
I know it sounds silly ,I wonder if Cambridge provides pillow in its accommodation .

Many thanks

Wow. It must be serious with so many capital letters.

And yes. They do. :wink:
Reply 2
Not very nice pillows in the Wolfson building:frown:
Reply 3
Doesn't it depend on the college? I'm pretty sure most, if not all, do. Some expect you to provide your own duvets and stuff though.
Reply 4
Squishy
Some expect you to provide your own duvets and stuff though.

Not for interview though surely?
Reply 5
RobbieC

LOL! did they smell? or were they very small pillows? i hate small pillows.
Reply 6
Mine in Clare was flat and far from being comfortable.
RobbieC

I was in the Wolfson building! It's pretty horrible in general I thought...
Reply 8
You get used to the Wolfson after a while (the corridors are a bit dingy but the rooms are big and ok if you spruce them up a bit). Which room were you staying in?
Reply 9
Alaric
Not for interview though surely?

LOL, true. The worst they could do is not offer you a room at all.
Reply 10
englishstudent
I was in the Wolfson building! It's pretty horrible in general I thought...

Isn't it being done up soon? Well, in the next couple of years?
meepmeep
You get used to the Wolfson after a while (the corridors are a bit dingy but the rooms are big and ok if you spruce them up a bit). Which room were you staying in?

I think it was 10a or 11a... it was the first one on its side if you see what I mean. It just felt bare... but it wasn't too small so with a bit of work I think it'd have been ok.
shiny

Apparently so. I was speaking to a second year medic from Trin and he said it was being re-done soon. He said it would mean that if I got a place I would probably be able to dodge Wolfson building. I think he said we'd go in Blue Boar Court... :confused:

To be honest I don't mind if I have to sleep in the porter's lodge I just really want a place! :frown:
Reply 13
shiny

I heard a rumour that they were closing it off next year and the freshers get second year's accomodation whilst the second years get shipped off to "temporary housing". Don't know how true that is yet though.
meepmeep
I heard a rumour that they were closing it off next year and the freshers get second year's accomodation whilst the second years get shipped off to "temporary housing". Don't know how true that is yet though.

Yeah that's true!

I was told by someone who seemed to be in the know anyway. :redface:

He said that Freshers would get a really good deal and the 2nd years future was not so hot. I had forgotten the ins and outs of the plan though.
Reply 15
king's pillows were of a satisfactory quality :wink:
utkucan
king's pillows were of a satisfactory quality :wink:

I've heard that King's pillows lean slightly to the left....

Oh dear... :redface:
I had like..the BEST night's sleep at girton.

It was ubercomfy and warm. Which was unexpected for an old building with no double glazing.
Reply 18
englishstudent
Yeah that's true!

I was told by someone who seemed to be in the know anyway. :redface:

He said that Freshers would get a really good deal and the 2nd years future was not so hot. I had forgotten the ins and outs of the plan though.

I suppose it will all come down to the ballot. Ah well. ust have to wait and see.
meepmeep
I suppose it will all come down to the ballot. Ah well. ust have to wait and see.

Well I don't know if I will even be there. :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending