The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by agbango
damn, I hope they give me a chance because I'm seeing a lot of AAA offers for other courses that required A*AA but I guess you're right. just have to keep hoping and wait it out :s-smilie:

There’s hope!! I got an AAA offer for a A*AA course - if defo possible (if you eligible for a contextual offer that is). Regardless, you never know unless you try and I almost didn’t even try until my history teacher practically made me lmao. The best things happen most unexpectedly, you honestly never know. Loads of luck :smile:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by litstudent30
Hey, I sent my application off yesterday - roughly how long does Durham take to send offers?

It depends! Durham makes most of their offers after Xmas but some people do get some before, especially if you’re home contextual (or if you’re an international I think?) Some popular courses like Law, Liberal Arts and CHSS take a little longer than average but by March at the very very latest you should hear. Good luck :smile:
Hey, I sent my application off yesterday - roughly how long does Durham take to send offers?

I think it depends on the course. I got my offer for archaeology of the historic world in two weeks but some English applicants have been waiting months.
Original post by NixieAnn
The lower offers are contextual ones. If you qualify for a contextual offer you might stand a chance but the competition can be tough.

Argh I didn't even consider that, I'm so stupid. My hope sure is dwindling lol
Original post by EllaBowersx
Hi everyone!
I received a contextual offer on Wednesday for Psychology :smile:
Good luck and hopefully you all get the offers you want!!

I also got an offer for Psychology! What college did you apply for and where else did you apply? My name is also Ella!! Good luck with the rest of your unis :smile:
Original post by claguem01
Just wondering if any home applicants have had psychology offers yet? if so, what were your predicted grades and which college did you apply to?

I did! :smile: I applied to St Chad's and my PGs are A*A*A*A and A* in EPQ, where else did you apply?
Original post by cat1234!
Hi! I've as applied to St Chads college to do psychology. They've given me an offer today!

I also applied to St Chads and got an offer for psychology! :smile: Where else did you apply??
Original post by Misty369
Me too, what offer have you got?

Hey! I also got an offer for psychology and applied to Chads :smile: My offer was AAA, hbu?
Original post by Anonymous
Well done!! I also got an offer for psychology AAA! hopefully see you there :smile:

Same! :smile: Where else did you apply?
Hii, I applied for Health and Human Sciences (B991) on October 14th and got a conditional offer on November 3rd.
I'm an international applicant and I take the IB. My PG's were a 43 and my offer was for a total of 36 points with 655 at HL's.

Congratulations to those who have already received an offer and good luck to the rest of you applying and those who are waiting for an offer! :smile:
Hi, are 40 ib predicted points enough for a law offer?
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks for the repy!
Yeah, York is collegiate but I've heard a lot of students say that they feel more like accom than colleges, whilst Durham seems to have more tight-knit college atmosphere thing going on?
I'm not as torn about that tho, the 2 main determining factors are the course vs prestige thing for me- would going to York instead of Durham put me at a disadvantage for PG courses or career opportunities? Because if it does, I'd be willing to compromise on the course- I don't completely dislike the Durham course or anything, I just really really like the York course, and their coursework focus (as opposed to the timed-examination focus at Durham)

I think as long as you get a high score 2.1 at either your PG chances would be the same. If you prefer coursework to exams then I guess you would be more likely to get a 1st or high 2.1 at York.

often around 3 months

if you’re a contextual/international student probably not long. if you’re just a home student more than likely after the ucas deadline in january. for reference i got my offer for lit on the 15th of january last/this year which i think is the date of the ucas deadline, but can be as long as march so don’t worry! :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by EllaBowersx
Hi everyone!
I received a contextual offer on Wednesday for Psychology :smile:
Good luck and hopefully you all get the offers you want!!

Hi, Congrats on your offer. I was wondering what your contextual offer was and what are your predicted. As my friend wants to apply to Durham and has predicted AAB (we also love in a contextual area) but worried they weren’t good enough. Thanks In advance !
Hey everyone, I applied for English :smile: I’m an eu student and haven’t heard anything yet.
Original post by kisumisu
I also got an offer for Psychology! What college did you apply for and where else did you apply? My name is also Ella!! Good luck with the rest of your unis :smile:

Well done!! I applied for St Chads in the end, what about you? :smile: I also applied to Exeter, Loughborough, Nottingham and Manchester, but Durham is my top choice so I'm so happy lol! Where else did you apply? And thank you! Good luck to you too fellow Ella!!
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by maxnoam
Hey everyone, I applied for English :smile: I’m an eu student and haven’t heard anything yet.

I feel like for we EU students have to wait a bit longer as well. When did you apply and where are you from?
Original post by lillycat1
Hi, Congrats on your offer. I was wondering what your contextual offer was and what are your predicted. As my friend wants to apply to Durham and has predicted AAB (we also love in a contextual area) but worried they weren’t good enough. Thanks In advance !

Thank you! My contextual was BBB if I make them my firm choice, which shocked me a lot!! I'm not sure what grades were put on my UCAS if I'm being honest, my predicted grades say A*A*A* on my school's website but I don't know if that's what they put on my application so it could be anything from A*A*A*- A*AA. I think there must have been a lot of factors that made it so low as the original entry requirements were AAA (i think lol). Good luck to your friend! :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by maxnoam

hi i’ve also applied for english, good luck with your application!

Latest