The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Hello everyone,

This is my first time saying anything on this thread but I just got my results and I missed my offer by 2 points, how lenient do you think they will be?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Imbloodyconfused
Hello everyone,

This is my first time saying anything on this thread but I just got my results and I missed my offer by 2 points, how lenient do you think they will be?

Honestly, not at all with grade inflation which is unfair on some people - possibly including you - whose schools were harsher than others
Hello to everyone ,do you think is it possible to get into Durham through adjustment as international student?
Original post by Anonymous
Honestly, not at all with grade inflation which is unfair on some people - possibly including you - whose schools were harsher than others

I am an IB student who did exams so it is not necessarily my school which was harsh on me. We definitely were not prepared to do exams but its fine. Stressing about exams and not succeeding during the pandemic has really taken it out of me so I might just give up. Thank You though!
Anyone studying archaeology at St John's?
Hi is anyone else confused by that upload documents what do we need to upload I thought my only condition was my grades
Hi is anyone else confused by that upload documents what do we need to upload I thought my only condition was my grades

You just need to upload certificates/transcripts related to your offer requirements.

Hello, I was trying to access the portal today and after I login and click on student services button and then click on the drop down menu “UG AND PGCE information and next steps”, all that happens next is I end up on the exact same page and don’t proceed further onto the upload documents page. Could you try and login to the portal again and see if your having the same problem. Thanks
Original post by studygirl388
You just need to upload certificates/transcripts related to your offer requirements.

Hello, I was trying to access the portal today and after I login and click on student services button and then click on the drop down menu “UG AND PGCE information and next steps”, all that happens next is I end up on the exact same page and don’t proceed further onto the upload documents page. Could you try and login to the portal again and see if your having the same problem. Thanks
you dont need to if ucas will be releasing your results.
Reply 6170
Original post by x4v_roberts
Anyone studying archaeology at St John's?

Hopefully I'll be doing arch and ancient civilisations at trevs if it all goes to plan tomorrow
When's the earliest we an apply for accomodation if we get our results?
When's the earliest we an apply for accomodation if we get our results?

Most colleges will probably put out a form some time next week, but it may be later as obviously they don't usually start this early :smile:
Does anyone have any fresher info for Stephenson college ?
Does anyone have any fresher info for Stephenson college ?

What kind of info are you looking for?
Anyone else concerned about the fact we may get reallocated colleges? Thought It was all finalized ):
Original post by novamelody
Anyone else concerned about the fact we may get reallocated colleges? Thought It was all finalized ):

Hi, this is from a link that I found in the same mail that you are talking about: "If you accepted Durham as your firm choice and met the conditions of your offer you’ll already know which college you will be joining, and they will contact you to ask for your room preferences, so make sure you check your emails for this.
If you didn’t meet the conditions of your offer but were accepted anyway, either on your original choice of course or a new one, or if you’re joining us after accepting us as your insurance choice, your college may change."
I'm just curious, where did you got allocated to?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by XanaXoid
Hi, this is from a link that I found in the same mail that you are talking about: "If you accepted Durham as your firm choice and met the conditions of your offer you’ll already know which college you will be joining, and they will contact you to ask for your room preferences, so make sure you check your emails for this.
If you didn’t meet the conditions of your offer but were accepted anyway, either on your original choice of course or a new one, or if you’re joining us after accepting us as your insurance choice, your college may change."

Yes - it says that on the website, BUT even as a conditional firm, my acceptance email says this:

"We remain a very popular choice of University. Due to the high demand for undergraduate places this year and unprecedented applicant success at A-Level we may need to review your allocation of college and/or your college accommodation arrangements. College confirmation decisions will begin to be made next week beginning Monday 16 August."

Given that college allocation guarantees are partially used to incentivise firm choices, I don't think it's very good of them to seemingly row back on this undertaking ...
Yes - it says that on the website, BUT even as a conditional firm, my acceptance email says this:

"We remain a very popular choice of University. Due to the high demand for undergraduate places this year and unprecedented applicant success at A-Level we may need to review your allocation of college and/or your college accommodation arrangements. College confirmation decisions will begin to be made next week beginning Monday 16 August."

Given that college allocation guarantees are partially used to incentivise firm choices, I don't think it's very good of them to seemingly row back on this undertaking ...

Yep I also got that email even if I'm an international students, with an unconditional offer since January, and I didn't took the A-level. I think only few firmers will get moved from the most popular colleges to other ones, mostly people that put it as an insurance will be moved
Original post by XanaXoid
Yep I also got that email even if I'm an international students, with an unconditional offer since January, and I didn't took the A-level. I think only few firmers will get moved from the most popular colleges to other ones, mostly people that put it as an insurance will be moved

My offer is for St Chad's - apparently one of the more popular choices ...

Latest