The Student Room Group

year 12 going into year 13

hi, in in year 12 currently studying graphics, business and accounting and in the February mock I didn't do good in the mock, later on during this year, they decided to shut the school because of the pandemic, so now I think that I'm not getting a good grade to atleast get into next year.
I'm just wondering will everyone get into next year? can I be kicked out? could they stop me from doing a subject that I want to do? plus I really don't want to retake the year.
if you;re only in year 12, you've got plenty of time to make up for whatever underperformance occurs now, don't worry. the school will be reasonable about it too, so you won't get predicted a low grade if you show improvement soon after the lockdown ends. as a result you'll probably get benefit of the doubt when it comes to possibly not being allowed to continue on a course you did badly on but that'll depend on school policy, and you won't be kicked out
Original post by HoldThisL
if you;re only in year 12, you've got plenty of time to make up for whatever underperformance occurs now, don't worry. the school will be reasonable about it too, so you won't get predicted a low grade if you show improvement soon after the lockdown ends. as a result you'll probably get benefit of the doubt when it comes to possibly not being allowed to continue on a course you did badly on but that'll depend on school policy, and you won't be kicked out

but the thing is I have an interview at the end of this month to talk about my future for university and to decide whether or not I can progress into year 13.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by taranmistry
but the thing is I have an interview at the end of this month to talk about my future for university and into year 13

if it's with the school its not a huge deal. they can't kick you out for underperformance, they don't really want to stop you from succeeding if you show the motivation and they'll be lenient given coronavirus

Quick Reply

Latest