The Student Room Group

Dental / Medicine

Which one is harder to get into would you say.
There are more medical schools than dental schools.
I know you shouldn't' base your decision off this but I want to know.
My parents are forcing me to do medicine rather than dentistry and i tbh want to do dentistry but if it is more competitive than i'd rather stick wid medicine
Original post by fwasddf
My parents are forcing me to do medicine rather than dentistry and i tbh want to do dentistry but if it is more competitive than i'd rather stick wid medicine

Will you have the grades and admissions exam scores to get into either?
Reply 2
Original post by TigerRoll
Will you have the grades and admissions exam scores to get into either?

Well my GCSE's were 5 9's 2 8's and 3 7's
My A level prediction are A*AA
Preparing for admission test
Reply 3
Dentistry is statistically harder to get into, 6-8% acceptance vs 14% at Manchester.

But both Med and Dent require a great deal of commitment towards it. Its very stupid of your parents to force you to do med if that isn't what you want. I'd highly recommend you convince your parents to let you follow what you want. At the end of it, you're the one who will be forced to work the 9-5, not your parents.

As a general statistic for Dent, 40-50% of people who apply get 1 offer from any of the 4 options. Which means atleast 50% of people don't get a single offer from any of their 4 choices. Trust me when I say it, dent is ridiculously hard to get into.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by fwasddf
Why ask questions like just answer my F****** question or leave

You mad? 😂 With that temperament, youre not going to get into any lool.
(edited 3 years ago)
do dentistry if that's what you want to do

the saying goes "if you are thinking of doing medicine or something else, do something else"
Original post by fwasddf

Dentistry is ‘statistically’ harder (more applicants per place) I believe, but if you’re deciding based on competition ratios, you’re best off looking for another degree. They’re both extremely competitive and lots of people won’t get offers. You should do what you really want to do, there’s no point gaming the system to get into a degree you don’t actually want to do.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by stereotypeasian
do dentistry if that's what you want to do

the saying goes "if you are thinking of doing medicine or something else, do something else"

Same can be said about Dent as well tbh. Both are very demanding and time consuming courses, with little ability to branch out into other fields.
Original post by Nuttyy
Same can be said about Dent as well tbh. Both are very demanding and time consuming courses, with little ability to branch out into other fields.

PRSOM (I would literally give you a lot of rep right now if I could but as you can tell I can't :frown:)
Reply 9
Original post by Nuttyy
You mad? 😂 With that temperament, youre not going to get into any lool.

says you, like who are you some wet keyboard warrior that spends their whole life on TSR. Dont dare try and tell me i cant get into any when you haven't even probably done your GCSE's
Original post by fwasddf
says you, like who are you some wet keyboard warrior that spends their whole life on TSR. Dont dare try and tell me i cant get into any when you haven't even probably done your GCSE's

with that attitude you won't get far in life....
how do we know you aren't the wet keyboard warrior that has no life and only TSR and has not done your GCSEs ??

wow really.
if you really are interested in dentistry I would recommend you check out you check out the "ask me anything about studying dentistry thread " https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6448312 :wink:
Original post by fwasddf

:troll:
Reply 12
Original post by fwasddf

Going into third Yr for dent tho 😂😂. I literally run the AMA for it lool.

GL getting into anything lmao. Absolutely no chance with your attitude.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest