The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi, My GCSE grades were:
2 9s, 6 8s, 2 7s, 1 6
Would my maths grade (7) be counted towards my top 8, even if my top 8 consisted of all A*s (without maths)?

If maths isn't counted, i can get the full 24 points.
Hi, My GCSE grades were:

2 9s, 6 8s, 2 7s, 1 6
Would my maths grade (7) be counted towards my top 8, even if my top 8 consisted of all A*s (without maths)?

Original post by eleeshaj
Hi, My GCSE grades were:

2 9s, 6 8s, 2 7s, 1 6

When I emailed Leeds about their admission criteria they said the highest score someone could get is 24 point with either 8A*s at GCSE which includes english, maths, chemistry and biology or you get 24 points for 3As at AS which includes either chemistry or biology.
Original post by asmita0401
When I emailed Leeds about their admission criteria they said the highest score someone could get is 24 point with either 8A*s at GCSE which includes english, maths, chemistry and biology or you get 24 points for 3As at AS which includes either chemistry or biology.

:ta: for clarifying.

Post originally created by ecolier.
Original post by dxnixl
Could you add a link to where it says this?

I emailed admissions and they told me this, I was quite shocked as I hadn't seen this info anywhere else before.
Original post by randomdude456
hi, do you know if thats english language or can it be english literature

I emailed them earlier today and they said its English language, science and maths
Hi,
Do Leeds still do a point scoring system, I could find any mention of this on there medicine undergraduate page on their website.This is all I could find.

"We assesses your application form against academic criteria, considering your past and predicted grades, and your BioMedical Admissions Test (BMAT) score. We take into account any issues regarding mitigating circumstances raised in your personal statements and academic reference. Read more about BMAT on the Admissions Service website.

The top-ranked applicants are invited for interview. We expect to invite about 1,000 candidates to interview. Interviews are through multiple mini interviews, where we further assess applicants’ non-academic qualities. There are currently eight interview stations, which applicants progress around. Each station currently lasts 7 minutes, with 1 minute to move between stations and read the next task. The format of stations varies. At the end of each station the examiners award marks, according to a pre-determined standardised scale. After the completion of all stations we calculate a ranked score.

Offers are made on the basis of merit and the ability of each applicant to meet the academic and non-academic criteria for admission. The decision to make an offer after interview depends entirely on your performance at interview, not on your predicted or achieved academic performance, or other scores."
Reply 27
If you already achieved your A levels (3A's), do do you automatically get the maximum GCSE points?
Also does leeds still do dissection?
Thanks
Hi what would be considered a good BMAT score for Leeds? Thanks
Original post by asmita0401

Thank you for sharing the info
Original post by fwasddf
Hi,
Do Leeds still do a point scoring system, I could find any mention of this on there medicine undergraduate page on their website.This is all I could find.

"We assesses your application form against academic criteria, considering your past and predicted grades, and your BioMedical Admissions Test (BMAT) score. We take into account any issues regarding mitigating circumstances raised in your personal statements and academic reference. Read more about BMAT on the Admissions Service website.

The top-ranked applicants are invited for interview. We expect to invite about 1,000 candidates to interview. Interviews are through multiple mini interviews, where we further assess applicants’ non-academic qualities. There are currently eight interview stations, which applicants progress around. Each station currently lasts 7 minutes, with 1 minute to move between stations and read the next task. The format of stations varies. At the end of each station the examiners award marks, according to a pre-determined standardised scale. After the completion of all stations we calculate a ranked score.

Offers are made on the basis of merit and the ability of each applicant to meet the academic and non-academic criteria for admission. The decision to make an offer after interview depends entirely on your performance at interview, not on your predicted or achieved academic performance, or other scores."

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/a100_medicine_2019_admissions_st_2?unfold=1#incoming-1343641
this site gives the idea...if it helps
Reply 31
Hi
I am trying to work out ...should I apply to Leeds Medicine? I have 11 GCSE- I believe they score 9?
I have 888777666AB. I am A2L (don't know if this is considered with scoring) predicted AAA
Can anyone advise me please?
Reply 32
Hi, I am considering doing the access to Leeds course for medicine as I meet the requirements, but is it necessary that you must have the AAA at first or would they still consider you if you have aab? And would a point score of around 32/33 out of 40 be still acceptable? or is there no point of applying? Because on the websites it seems that me grades are too high for a foundation year but too low for the regular course unless I do access for Leeds but it is unclear to me still. I hope this makes sense thank you
Apparently, you must meet the minimum requirement of AAA meaning that even if you got 3A*, it wouldnt be regarded higher as the 3 As so I'm guessing you need the AAA
Where do I get my points from I can’t find a website
Original post by Bitooo
Could I get some advise please
What was the cut off last year for an interview
I score 21/27 for GCSE
AAA predicted A levels
Even if I get the top band for BMAT - my total score will only be 34
Should I not apply to Leeds ?

where did you get your points from I can’t find the system
Reply 36
Original post by mockingbird60
Hi what would be considered a good BMAT score for Leeds? Thanks

Hi. This is a tricky one. Last year my non-contextual daughter got an interview scoring 23/24 on GCSEs (they scored 8 last year), 8 for predicted A levels and 5.1 4.4 3A on BMAT. My best bet is that you needed minimum 35/37 to get an interview. Because of the virus we did not receive breakdowns of academics and interview performance scores which I believe the 2019 entry cohort did. Judging by the lack of activity on this thread I suspect that there may be less applicants this year as there is only the one BMAT date which falls after the UCAS deadline. Last year my daughter took it in August and had the benefit of knowing her BMAT result prior to applying. I hope that helps a bit.
Original post by jpw66
Hi. This is a tricky one. Last year my non-contextual daughter got an interview scoring 23/24 on GCSEs (they scored 8 last year), 8 for predicted A levels and 5.1 4.4 3A on BMAT. My best bet is that you needed minimum 35/37 to get an interview. Because of the virus we did not receive breakdowns of academics and interview performance scores which I believe the 2019 entry cohort did. Judging by the lack of activity on this thread I suspect that there may be less applicants this year as there is only the one BMAT date which falls after the UCAS deadline. Last year my daughter took it in August and had the benefit of knowing her BMAT result prior to applying. I hope that helps a bit.

Thank you for your help:smile:
Reply 38
Are Leeds accepting AS results from summer 2020 for scoring as they were centre assessed?
Original post by dm555
Are Leeds accepting AS results from summer 2020 for scoring as they were centre assessed?

Yes I emailed them and they still are

Latest

Trending

Trending