The Student Room Group

YOUTUBE cHANNEL?? as a medic?

Hello, I am currently a medical student within the UK and ive spent many many years wanting to start a youtube but never having the courage to do so!
I would love to do so but i am absolutely terrified of what others will say, i come from a small town and they all have small town mentality and i cant seem to let it go! I would want a normal beauty / lifestyle channel with a little dash of medical videos because honestly it makes up the majority of my life! if i was even able to make one person smile or help one person in the medicine journey i would be overjoyed. I cant stop putting myself down for it like maybe later, maybe if i dye my hair maybe if i loose more weight ill do it!

I need some help and guidance please!! let me know what yous think?
Original post by addingalil
Hello, I am currently a medical student within the UK and ive spent many many years wanting to start a youtube but never having the courage to do so!
I would love to do so but i am absolutely terrified of what others will say, i come from a small town and they all have small town mentality and i cant seem to let it go! I would want a normal beauty / lifestyle channel with a little dash of medical videos because honestly it makes up the majority of my life! if i was even able to make one person smile or help one person in the medicine journey i would be overjoyed. I cant stop putting myself down for it like maybe later, maybe if i dye my hair maybe if i loose more weight ill do it!

I need some help and guidance please!! let me know what yous think?

Just make a list of what you need to do and then do it.
You can always:
Read articles on how to start a channel.
Maybe try out on instagram.
Make a list of channels of people doing the same.
Work on your self esteem.
Practice making vids.
You also need to be patient and not get put off by views.
Everyone starts somewhere.
If you made it into medicine then you are already a long way ahead of most people.
I say go for it.

I think you’re worrying too much about what other people think; most people are too absorbed in their own lives to really care about others to be honest. And you say you’ve been wanting to make one for years...do it!!!

I think the pandemic has made a lot of us realise what is really important and if making videos gives you value and satisfaction then that’s great!

Definitely try. Oh and do send us a link to the channel when you’re ready :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending