The Student Room Group

Accenture 2020 Apprenticeship Scheme

Hi All!,

I have recently just been made an offer for the digital and technology solution degree apprenticeship program and wanted to make this thread to see if there anyone else from this intake.

Thanks in advance,

Scroll to see replies

I have received an offer too!
Original post by savage_queen
I have received an offer too!

Hey!,
Nice to hear what office is this i got one for the Newcastle scheme. Also when did they let you know that you got in and have you got your offer letter or contract yet, i have yet to receive mine.

Nice to hear from you,

Many thanks.
Original post by Toastedshoes12
Hey!,
Nice to hear what office is this i got one for the Newcastle scheme. Also when did they let you know that you got in and have you got your offer letter or contract yet, i have yet to receive mine.

Nice to hear from you,

Many thanks.

Mine is for the Newcastle office too! They called me on the 23rd to let me know that my application had been successful and I'm yet to receive my contract.

How did you find the process and are you completing the 2 years accelerated degree too?

Great to hear from you and finally find someone in the same boat!
Mine is for the Newcastle office too! They called me on the 23rd to let me know that my application had been successful and I'm yet to receive my contract.

How did you find the process and are you completing the 2 years accelerated degree too?

Great to hear from you and finally find someone in the same boat!

I just found out yesterday, the guy told me on the phone that i would receive my contract by Friday so i am not sure if that is the same for you.

I think i might take the full three years just to ensure i have really solid foundations before moving on but it depends on how i perform when the time comes but that is what i thinking right now.

I have been searching the internet in search of any information on what do next or if there is anything i can do to prepare but i have not found anything as of yet, but it is definitely good to find someone on the same program!

Is your start data also by August?

Also you don't happen to be Jasmine from my assessment centre?

Despite the process being long i have to say i did enjoy it weirdly, i was able to be myself in the interviews and assessment centre and they seem to be really supportive people so i am looking forward to hopefully meeting them in person in August, but yeah i learnt a lot from the recruitment process it was quite insightful for me.

What were your experiences like?

Hopefully the other apprentices will also find this forum!

Many thanks.
I just found out yesterday, the guy told me on the phone that i would receive my contract by Friday so i am not sure if that is the same for you.

I think i might take the full three years just to ensure i have really solid foundations before moving on but it depends on how i perform when the time comes but that is what i thinking right now.

I have been searching the internet in search of any information on what do next or if there is anything i can do to prepare but i have not found anything as of yet, but it is definitely good to find someone on the same program!

Is your start data also by August?

Also you don't happen to be Jasmine from my assessment centre?

Despite the process being long i have to say i did enjoy it weirdly, i was able to be myself in the interviews and assessment centre and they seem to be really supportive people so i am looking forward to hopefully meeting them in person in August, but yeah i learnt a lot from the recruitment process it was quite insightful for me.

What were your experiences like?

Hopefully the other apprentices will also find this forum!

Many thanks.

He informed me that my contract would be here by Friday too! Will you be studying at Newcastle university too?

My start date is the 26th of August (or a certain Wednesday around that time frame- I was too excited to focus on the details in the call)! Unfortunately, I'm not Jasmine: my name is Mrugaya. What's yours?

I fully agree about the selection process, it was long but it gave me a real insight into the daily activities of an employee there and the best part was that there was no wrong answer- it was all just to judge your personality than ability.

We just need to try boost it up so they find it too :smile:
He informed me that my contract would be here by Friday too! Will you be studying at Newcastle university too?

My start date is the 26th of August (or a certain Wednesday around that time frame- I was too excited to focus on the details in the call)! Unfortunately, I'm not Jasmine: my name is Mrugaya. What's yours?

I fully agree about the selection process, it was long but it gave me a real insight into the daily activities of an employee there and the best part was that there was no wrong answer- it was all just to judge your personality than ability.

We just need to try boost it up so they find it too :smile:

Sounds like we will be on the same track!, and he did not mention what university i would studying at he just said that one day out of the week would go to studying but i assume it will be Newcastle as well. My start date is also the same as well i think its think its the 27th can't remember exactly but it will definitely be around that time.

Ohh my names Imran

Well it sounds like you enjoyed the process but it definitely payed off for us in the end, and because this forum is quite active i think it might attract some of the other apprentices as well.
Sounds like we will be on the same track!, and he did not mention what university i would studying at he just said that one day out of the week would go to studying but i assume it will be Newcastle as well. My start date is also the same as well i think its think its the 27th can't remember exactly but it will definitely be around that time.

Ohh my names Imran

Well it sounds like you enjoyed the process but it definitely payed off for us in the end, and because this forum is quite active i think it might attract some of the other apprentices as well.

That sounds great, hopefully see you then! Have you "finished" your A-levels this year too?

What are you looking forward to the most and worried about before starting the apprenticeship?
That sounds great, hopefully see you then! Have you "finished" your A-levels this year too?

What are you looking forward to the most and worried about before starting the apprenticeship?

Yeah i have "finished" lol, anxiously waiting for results day lets see if this calculated stuff works out for me, but i believe the offer for Accenture is an un conditional one so it wont matter regardless.

I am looking forward to of course meeting all the apprentices on the scheme and being propelled into the work place if that makes sense, i know the opportunities that will come are priceless and will definitely help kick start my career.

I'm not really 'worried' or scared of anything per say but i just hope that all my studies up and till point in combination with Accenture's will help me lay some solid foundations and get me ready for work. I just cant wait to get started !

Were you able to get in contact with anyone from your assessment centres or know of anyone else that got an offer?
Yeah i have "finished" lol, anxiously waiting for results day lets see if this calculated stuff works out for me, but i believe the offer for Accenture is an un conditional one so it wont matter regardless.

I am looking forward to of course meeting all the apprentices on the scheme and being propelled into the work place if that makes sense, i know the opportunities that will come are priceless and will definitely help kick start my career.

I'm not really 'worried' or scared of anything per say but i just hope that all my studies up and till point in combination with Accenture's will help me lay some solid foundations and get me ready for work. I just cant wait to get started !

Were you able to get in contact with anyone from your assessment centres or know of anyone else that got an offer?

I can't say how grateful I am that Accenture's offer is unconditional especially due to the uncertainty of the COVID situation and calculated grades.

Unfortunately, I don't really know of anyone else that has received an offer. I do hope the Bootcamp and the whole apprenticeship isn't virtual though- it will be nice to meet other people in person!
I can't say how grateful I am that Accenture's offer is unconditional especially due to the uncertainty of the COVID situation and calculated grades.

Unfortunately, I don't really know of anyone else that has received an offer. I do hope the Bootcamp and the whole apprenticeship isn't virtual though- it will be nice to meet other people in person!

The fact that we got offers in the current climate is amazing in itself,

I mean lock down is easing i don't if you know Boris announced the other a bunch of sectors can now open for business. So if we continue on this trajectory he will hopefully open up more sectors.

Also do you live in Newcastle or will you re locate to be closer to the office,? i definitely will have to.

Yeah it would be nice to meet everyone in person let's just see what happens.
The fact that we got offers in the current climate is amazing in itself,

I mean lock down is easing i don't if you know Boris announced the other a bunch of sectors can now open for business. So if we continue on this trajectory he will hopefully open up more sectors.

Also do you live in Newcastle or will you re locate to be closer to the office,? i definitely will have to.

Yeah it would be nice to meet everyone in person let's just see what happens.

That is very true! I was unsure whether they would carry on with the scheme after lockdown as most companies seem to be furloughing than adding to the workforce.

Hopefully, the restrictions will have eased up as the number of apprentices is a good amount to enforce social distancing or other measures.

Thankfully, I already live in Newcastle and due to the university and office being accessible so easily by public transport, I will be living at home. Where will you be moving from?
Yeah so i will be moving all the way from London so i am looking at places to rent however like i said its not certain that i will need to i might phone up the guy again and ask him for more details on that.

Oh that is good then you don't have to worry about living costs or anything.

Hopefully the contract comes through today as welll

You got LinkedIn by any chance?
Yeah so i will be moving all the way from London so i am looking at places to rent however like i said its not certain that i will need to i might phone up the guy again and ask him for more details on that.

Oh that is good then you don't have to worry about living costs or anything.

Hopefully the contract comes through today as welll

You got LinkedIn by any chance?

Did you not want to apply to the London scheme instead then?

Have you received your contract yet? Mine came through by email this morning.

Unfortunately, I do not have LinkedIn, sorry
Did you not want to apply to the London scheme instead then?

Have you received your contract yet? Mine came through by email this morning.

Unfortunately, I do not have LinkedIn, sorry

I did, but by the time i got to apply the London scheme was already filled up and Newcastle was the only one left. Which is fine the experience will teach me a lot of new things that i would have not got had i stayed within London.

Yeah i got my contract I've read it all yourself?

Do you know for certain if the bootcamp will be virtual did he say anything to you on the phone.
I did, but by the time i got to apply the London scheme was already filled up and Newcastle was the only one left. Which is fine the experience will teach me a lot of new things that i would have not got had i stayed within London.

Yeah i got my contract I've read it all yourself?

Do you know for certain if the bootcamp will be virtual did he say anything to you on the phone.

Ah that sounds great- I'm sure you will have a great time! Newcastle is a lovely city.

I've read the contract too. It was rather lengthy!

I have not received any details regarding whether any part of the apprenticeship will be virtual or not. I may drop them an email with a few questions to get some clarity though
Ah that sounds great- I'm sure you will have a great time! Newcastle is a lovely city.

I've read the contract too. It was rather lengthy!

I have not received any details regarding whether any part of the apprenticeship will be virtual or not. I may drop them an email with a few questions to get some clarity though

Yeah but we all know London is the best lol,

I think i might ring them tomorrow in the morning because i do have quite a few questions in terms of what to do prepare for the start date, on boarding , kit and other little things that like you said need to be clarified. Have you got access to the on boarding portal by any chance? i'm still waiting for that to come through. I have always been under the assumption that on boarding is a process that you do like a couple of weeks before your start date to help get you settled in. Guess we will have wait and see to know what is in store for us!
Yeah but we all know London is the best lol,

I think i might ring them tomorrow in the morning because i do have quite a few questions in terms of what to do prepare for the start date, on boarding , kit and other little things that like you said need to be clarified. Have you got access to the on boarding portal by any chance? i'm still waiting for that to come through. I have always been under the assumption that on boarding is a process that you do like a couple of weeks before your start date to help get you settled in. Guess we will have wait and see to know what is in store for us!

London is quite similar to where I used to live in Mumbai but Newcastle is definitely a lot more peaceful aha.

I have access to the portal wherein I accepted the contract- I'm not sure if it is the same as the onboarding one. I've emailed them with my questions but do let me know what reply you get to yours too. We shall see what is in store for us soon! :smile:
London is quite similar to where I used to live in Mumbai but Newcastle is definitely a lot more peaceful aha.

I have access to the portal wherein I accepted the contract- I'm not sure if it is the same as the on boarding one. I've emailed them with my questions but do let me know what reply you get to yours too. We shall see what is in store for us soon! :smile:

The hustle and bustle of London is unlike anywhere else, it will be weird not having that much noise if that makes sense when in Newcastle so it will take some time to adjust to.

I tried to ring them today i assume they are quite busy with other candidates so i requested a call back, but i have also emailed them with an array of questions but am still waiting for a reply. If you get anything let me know as well

I don't know where i saw it but i read that the on boarding get in touch with you i think 15 days after you accept the contract, or they might be waiting for everyone to do it and introduce everyone in one go, i don't know lol
The hustle and bustle of London is unlike anywhere else, it will be weird not having that much noise if that makes sense when in Newcastle so it will take some time to adjust to.

I tried to ring them today i assume they are quite busy with other candidates so i requested a call back, but i have also emailed them with an array of questions but am still waiting for a reply. If you get anything let me know as well

I don't know where i saw it but i read that the on boarding get in touch with you i think 15 days after you accept the contract, or they might be waiting for everyone to do it and introduce everyone in one go, i don't know lol

From the sounds of it, Newcastle will take a bit of adjusting to. It's a bit hit and miss depending on personal preference but it's a lovely city.

I haven't heard back regarding my email too so I'm assuming they may be occupied sorting out everything.

Ah, well let's keep our eyes peeled then! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending