The Student Room Group

I couldn’t help it

So today I was meeting up with some friends (socially distanced of course) and we were drinking together. Now I hadn’t drunk in a while so really (and I mean REALLY) needed to pee after. I went to the local supermarket to see if their toilet was open (this was a last resort and I really didn’t want to because of the pandemic and I knew I’d have to wait another hour to get home which I couldn’t do)
Now I normally put toilet paper onto the seat but this time I needed to go so bad I did a half squat but my knees are weak so my legs gave way and I ended up sat on the seat, I’m now terrified that I’m gonna get corona
Like I washed my hands properly but I was so worried about the toilet seat that I ended up touching the door knob with my bare hands
I’m seriously concerned I’m gonna get the virus from this, there hasn’t been any new cases in my area for about a week so the chances are low (we’ve had maximum 5 cases in the past 5 weeks) but I’m just so scared I’ll get it
I'm pretty sure supermarkets are taking on a more serious approach to hygiene in their stores. For example, most supermarkets I know of are even handing out disinfectant wipes to wipe down trolleys and baskets.

Toilets are the most obvious place where hygiene would be a concern, and since the toilets were open I'd assume that the supermarket would only do that if they were sure they could keep it clean each time a customer uses it. I think you should be fine.
Reply 2
You sat on a toilet seat, and now think your going to catch Covid?

Your going to be absolutely fine :rofl:
Reply 3
Clearly I’m just overthinking it, nobody else was in there with me so I know I’m just overreacting
Original post by Anonymous
Clearly I’m just overthinking it, nobody else was in there with me so I know I’m just overreacting

hiya, it’s ok to be worried because corona is scary and with it being such a massive thing at the moment and people are losing their lives, it’s normal to be scared.

a few things to ease your worrying maybe:
1) it depends on where you are in the uk, but the cases are so low at the moment that it’s extremely unlikely that there’s even 1 person in the entire supermarket with corona
2) i’m assuming you’re young because you’re on TSR, but a key thing with the virus is that it hardly affects young people at all. if you’re diabetic, have heart disease or lung cancer it’s different obviously, but if you’re otherwise healthy you don’t have much to worry about really!

i dont think you’re overthinking it, you’re just maybe more worried than you need to be! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest