The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by F.A.
have you even tried to listen to a few songs? or did you just make that conclusion by listening to like one song?

I've listened to a few. I don't like it.
I think people dislike KPop because of the type of music and genre imo. Its not wrong to hate a music, if you genuinely can't put up with it. Some people can't deal with heavy metal hence they hate it, they can't stand themselves listening to that so saying you hate a particular genre is feasible and there is nothing wrong with saying that.
I also think the fans as well, a lot of people in the western world would consider their fanbase weird etc, but maybe thats how it is in their culture.
Furhter the general appeal of Kpop is targetted at teenage girls in general from what I've seen so that may also put a lot of people of listening. Its like can you imagine 25 year old males listening to full Taylor Swift/ Avril Lavigne songs, most likely not right.
Finally, there are few controversies with some of the KPop bands and could cause people to also hate them as well.
Reply 42
Original post by Liviy.Jonas18
Block B- her

Blackpink- kill this love

Zico- any song

I have a song that has a similar vibe to zico's one it's called 28 by suga.
tell me if you like it
@Moonbow Thanks for the rep :colone:
Original post by JackDaniels23
Then why comment?

Oof - bruh let him comment.
Reply 45
Original post by Arthur_Morgan
I've listened to a few. I don't like it.

okay then maybe it's just not your taste btw which songs have you listened to?
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
I dont hate kpop but i do find it a bit cringe. Also, the fandom is annoying, just look on twitter.

Yeah ikr. My friends just go on about it like anything. And yeah the fandom on Instagram as well is crazy.
Original post by F.A.
okay then maybe it's just not your taste btw which songs have you listened to?

I think 1 or 2 were BTS songs (is that what they're called?) and the rest I can't remember
Original post by SuperiorPotato
Bro I told you about this yesterday it's what Amy likes as well :rolleyes:

oh... is this the same thing??
Well... great then!
Reply 49
I think 1 or 2 were BTS songs (is that what they're called?) and the rest I can't remember

BTS have many different types of genres in their songs like rap, R&B, light trap, dub step, urban, EDM, jazz rap and literally so much more so it depends on the song you listened to. it doesnt mean that the whole of kpop is like those one or two songs you listened to
Original post by F.A.
BTS have many different types of genres in their songs like rap, R&B, light trap, dub step, urban, EDM, jazz rap and literally so much more so it depends on the song you listened to. it doesnt mean that the whole of kpop is like those one or two songs you listened to

I listened to more than 2 songs as I stated. I don't like any of those genres you mentioned above either.
Original post by bingbong9214
I think people dislike KPop because of the type of music and genre imo. Its not wrong to hate a music, if you genuinely can't put up with it. Some people can't deal with heavy metal hence they hate it, they can't stand themselves listening to that so saying you hate a particular genre is feasible and there is nothing wrong with saying that.
I also think the fans as well, a lot of people in the western world would consider their fanbase weird etc, but maybe thats how it is in their culture.
Furhter the general appeal of Kpop is targetted at teenage girls in general from what I've seen so that may also put a lot of people of listening. Its like can you imagine 25 year old males listening to full Taylor Swift/ Avril Lavigne songs, most likely not right.
Finally, there are few controversies with some of the KPop bands and could cause people to also hate them as well.

I totally agree - I like Kpop and I have stans, favourite groups and all. And yeah tbf I do go on about them when I have the chance and people can find that cringe. And I'm understanding of that because I once disliked Kpop and felt the same way. I think that our love for Kpop should stop translating into HPER - sensitivity over the smallest criticisms and becoming so unreasonable about disliking people who dislike Kpop. I swear no Rock/ Pop/ Jazz community went crazy over others disliking there taste. I get that the whole OTT attitude and idolising the members is part of the korean celebrity culture (if you research it I think it spans from there) and we just happen to be copying it and enjoy it. It's very different from westerns way of celebrity support so obviously there will be a difference of opinion. But I thing we should all just chill - let the Kpop lovers love Kpop and the non-Kpop lovers love things that aren't Kpop and not feel blooming offended just because they disliked it.
I like ost's more than actual kpop songs for some weird reason :colonhash:
Reply 53
I listened to more than 2 songs as I stated. I don't like any of those genres you mentioned above either.

i didn't list all the genres because they literally have songs that could go in all genres and if i may ask what genre do you like?

I mean the genres themselves are good, but sung by them? No thanks
Original post by F.A.
i didn't list all the genres because they literally have songs that could go in all genres and if i may ask what genre do you like?

Metal
Reply 56
Original post by astayuno
I like ost's more than actual kpop songs for some weird reason :colonhash:

ost's of kdramas? if yes then ik they are really nice. there is one ost that i really like it's of a drama called itaewon class, the ost is called sweet night if you want to hear it.
Metal

You like metal? Wow that's cool. I once listened to this metal song, forgot what it was called, and I put it on full blast with my headphones in cos there was no sound. After 7 seconds, my eardrums exploded with screaming. :colonhash:
Original post by Unknown.Mxa
You like metal? Wow that's cool. I once listened to this metal song, forgot what it was called, and I put it on full blast with my headphones in cos there was no sound. After 7 seconds, my eardrums exploded with screaming. :colonhash:

That's the power of metal for ya :wink:
Original post by F.A.
ost's of kdramas? if yes then ik they are really nice. there is one ost that i really like it's of a drama called itaewon class, the ost is called sweet night if you want to hear it.

gaho start is my favourite from that :h:

Latest