The Student Room Group

Is it worth working 7 days a week

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chemgem69
I don't have much of a social life atm I feel like my work is too important and I'm gonna be doing 6 days a week. Yeah my social media means a lot to me my vlogging, posts, followers etc and hopefully I'll be able to market from it nicely with my merchandise etc although I don't have much time for that atm and it's not a main priority but I'm thinking money of course and a healthy business will add to my income like perhaps I can make an extra £150 profit a week on top of my £500 plus from work Would you say 2 hours a day if revision before my shifts is good and a solid 6 hours on my day off? I'll only have two subjects to sit next summer and perhaps I can just do two days a week on the weeks before my exams and during.

If you cant get in 2 subjects on 6 hours a week + 2 hours revision a day is pretty good. But, If you feel you need to reduce your work at any point then do it. Perhaps go into study tuber once you get to uni to combine studying, moving in, freshers etc. Hope you do good; it sounds like your a hard worker, so just make sure studies come first when it gets at the business end of revising leading up to a'levels (around Jan- feb at earliest)
Reply 21
Original post by Ghostlady
If you cant get in 2 subjects on 6 hours a week + 2 hours revision a day is pretty good. But, If you feel you need to reduce your work at any point then do it. Perhaps go into study tuber once you get to uni to combine studying, moving in, freshers etc. Hope you do good; it sounds like your a hard worker, so just make sure studies come first when it gets at the business end of revising leading up to a'levels (around Jan- feb at earliest)

Yeah I've considered getting into study-vlogging and if I could make money from that it would be great do you follow any study tubers? I defo wanna share my uni and study experience when I do go to uni. Thanks for advice I will make sure I prioritise my a level study I'm hoping to have tuition on my day off hopefully I can when it's safe in my city as we're still in lockdown rn
Original post by Chemgem69
Yeah true perhaps I'll have decent savings and I can do a weekend job with decent pay as I should have my forklift license so maybe I could earn like an extra £300 a week that would be solid

I see what you mean I guess studying is more important in the long run but I feel like it's important to do things at my own pace and as years go on my social media base will grow, I should have an OK business with a decent profit and I will get used to studying full time and of course this will better my future

Yes I’m not saying it is not possible but it takes a lot more work and determination to do things later on. You get used to a lifestyle and it’s hard to drop down a level or 10. Also, you create an age gap between you and your peers. The bigger that get, the harder it will be to find friends and study partners. As someone who contemplating going back to uni in her 30s, I am a little terrified about all of the above. Just make sure that you aren’t dedicating too much time in your prime to things that won’t matter in the future.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending