The Student Room Group

Will I get pregnant???!!!!

hi so basically me and my boyfriend had sex, we used my pill as i am using it properly for my PCOS and pain.
i have been taking it for like 3 days… he came inside me i had my period like two weeks ago and this is probably the time im most fertile im assuming!!! what on earth was i doing???!!! i didn’t know
it says this online as i lost the instruction sheet:
Starting your first pack of Desogestrel Rowex
- If you are not using hormonal contraception at present (or in the past month):
Wait for your period to begin. On the first day of your period take the first Desogestrel Rowex tablet. Additional contraceptive precautions are not necessary.
If you take your first tablet on days 2-5 of your period use an additional barrier method of contraception for the first 7 days of tablet - taking.

i feel so horrible because me and my boyfriend can’t use condoms and i told him that my birth control is reliable!!!! i feel so *****y!!! this pill also stops my periods so how will i know if im pregnant or not???
i dont want him to be mad with me😭😭😭😭
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
hi so basically me and my boyfriend had sex, we used my pill as i am using it properly for my PCOS and pain.
i have been taking it for like 3 days… he came inside me i had my period like two weeks ago and this is probably the time im most fertile im assuming!!! what on earth was i doing???!!! i didn’t know
it says this online as i lost the instruction sheet:
Starting your first pack of Desogestrel Rowex
- If you are not using hormonal contraception at present (or in the past month):
Wait for your period to begin. On the first day of your period take the first Desogestrel Rowex tablet. Additional contraceptive precautions are not necessary.
If you take your first tablet on days 2-5 of your period use an additional barrier method of contraception for the first 7 days of tablet - taking.

i feel so horrible because me and my boyfriend can’t use condoms and i told him that my birth control is reliable!!!! i feel so *****y!!! this pill also stops my periods so how will i know if im pregnant or not???
i dont want him to be mad with me😭😭😭😭

You know you made a mistake by not using extra protection 😕😕

You should be fine. You'll get some sort of light spotting around your time of your periods.
Only way to be sure about whether or not you are pregnant is take a pregnancy test around 7 -21 days after you did things and hope you not pregnant.

Learn from this ok......

Yes that information is correct if you ( you are not using hormonal contraception at present (or in the past month):
If you take your first tablet on days 2-5 of your period use an additional barrier method of contraception for the first 7 days of tablet - taking.)

Birth control regardless of what you use are 99% accurate in preventing pregnancy but there's still some sort of risk. Try to take your pill same time each day okay.
Reply 2
Original post by Tracey_W
You know you made a mistake by not using extra protection 😕😕

You should be fine. You'll get some sort of light spotting around your time of your periods.
Only way to be sure about whether or not you are pregnant is take a pregnancy test around 7 -21 days after you did things and hope you not pregnant.

Learn from this ok......

Yes that information is correct if you ( you are not using hormonal contraception at present (or in the past month):
If you take your first tablet on days 2-5 of your period use an additional barrier method of contraception for the first 7 days of tablet - taking.)

Birth control regardless of what you use are 99% accurate in preventing pregnancy but there's still some sort of risk. Try to take your pill same time each day okay.

the thing is, i don’t remember taking it yesterday either :frown: i think im in my fertile stage but i havent seen any discharge but i have had cramping from maybe ovulation idk :frown:
so you think ill be okay???
Reply 3
bump
Reply 4
bump

So just to clarify, you only started taking the pill 3 days before you had sex? I.e. this wasn't you starting a new pack, it was you just starting to take it for the first time? If so, you would not have been protected against pregnancy and need to to a pregnancy test - you will need to wait at least 3 weeks from when you had sex for it to be reliable. Also worth considering whether you need to be tested for STIs if you and your bf haven't been tested.
Reply 5
Original post by black tea
So just to clarify, you only started taking the pill 3 days before you had sex? I.e. this wasn't you starting a new pack, it was you just starting to take it for the first time? If so, you would not have been protected against pregnancy and need to to a pregnancy test - you will need to wait at least 3 weeks from when you had sex for it to be reliable. Also worth considering whether you need to be tested for STIs if you and your bf haven't been tested.

it was an old pack from a few months ago that i haven’t used. i was on a different pill months before that and was too nervous to take the newer one as i didn’t wanna gain weight again. but now i don’t have a choice as it does help my pain and i need something as i can’t deal with it anymore.
but i thought that it would be effective… i didn’t know. we have both agreed on having an abortion, idk how this works. i know if i am pregnant, ik it’s an accident but i would still cry and i already feel guilty….
i got it wrong, my cycle today is at 20 days (19 days yesterday when i had sex) so i should be ok but my last cycle was 43 days so i could ovulate late but i suppose it’s unlikely i’ll get pregnant?
yes, we need to be tested definitely.
Reply 6
it was an old pack from a few months ago that i haven’t used. i was on a different pill months before that and was too nervous to take the newer one as i didn’t wanna gain weight again. but now i don’t have a choice as it does help my pain and i need something as i can’t deal with it anymore.
but i thought that it would be effective… i didn’t know. we have both agreed on having an abortion, idk how this works. i know if i am pregnant, ik it’s an accident but i would still cry and i already feel guilty….
i got it wrong, my cycle today is at 20 days (19 days yesterday when i had sex) so i should be ok but my last cycle was 43 days so i could ovulate late but i suppose it’s unlikely i’ll get pregnant?
yes, we need to be tested definitely.

If you only had sex yesterday, it is not too late for the morning after pill. I would speak to a pharmacist or 111 for advice.
Reply 7
Original post by black tea
If you only had sex yesterday, it is not too late for the morning after pill. I would speak to a pharmacist or 111 for advice.

i could do that but im at work today at 10am -7pm, it’s my grandmas bday tomorrow and i need to be there as shes v ill. i could on monday? is that possible?

Quick Reply

Latest